Dedicated to one practice area, $750 annual benefit towards your physical or mental well-being, Supportive Partner and fantastic team culture.
Clyde & Co is an international law firm with an exciting new opportunity to join a rapidly expanding insurance, litigation and cyber incident response practice. The team is led by John Moran, who is an internationally recognised leader in these fields.
The practice is dynamic, innovative and has a strong focus on team culture.
About the role
Our operations team is integral to the future success of the practice so we have created a new role, dedicated to this team, to help manage the end-to-end credit control process.
This is an excellent opportunity for a self-starter to develop their career within a practice that offers flexibility and a focus on personal development. You will play an instrumental role in driving the financial health of the practice.
We are looking for an experienced, highly motivated and passionate credit controller who can take full ownership of managing overdue accounts and building an excellent rapport with all clients.
The role will involve having a positive, solution focused attitude, and the ability to use your initiative to achieve the best turnaround from fee billing to payment. A methodical approach will need to be adopted to ensure all overdue invoices are approached efficiently, within timeframes. A strong work ethic will be crucial to allow you to thrive working in this fast-paced environment.
The role will also assist more broadly with other financial and operational requirements across the team, as required.
- Manage and proactively drive the end-to-end credit control process to ensure it operates effectively, with timeframes and targets being achieved
- Manage a ledger of over 500 accounts, following up overdue invoices by email, telephone and letter within agreed timeframes
- Manage the dedicated inbox including responding to all enquiries and requests professionally
- Establish and maintain positive relationships with clients and other stakeholders (internally and externally) including investigating, resolving and communicating regarding invoice queries, escalated issues and payment
- Independently troubleshoot and determine appropriate next steps for all invoices including in response to internal and external enquiries and requests
- Negotiate best outcomes for overdue accounts
- Maintain accurate and timely notes on the practice management / credit control database which is used to track outstanding invoices and manage the scheduling of payment chasing
- Issue statements and reports on debtors and undertake other administration duties
- Identify continuous improvement opportunities to the credit control processes, systems and procedures.
Other financial and operational support
- Assist the team with other financial tasks as required including but not limited to the end-to-end billing process, general invoice enquiries, invoice reconciliation and creating disbursement invoices
- Be one of the champions of finance activity and systems across the practice
- Provide assistance with the preparation of client reporting
- Assist with managing the practice management technology platform to ensure accurate and timely data
- Provide broader administration and operational support team as required.
This job description provides an overview of the main responsibilities for an employee in this role however, these may vary as required.
Key skills and experience
- A minimum 5 years' experience as a credit controller working within an end to end position
- Self-motivated with a positive, 'can do' attitude, and high levels of initiative, enthusiasm and attention to detail
- Strong numerical, communication and negotiation skills including clear, concise written and verbal communication
- Demonstrated ability to proactively solve challenges and continuously improve the effectiveness of operational activities thinking outside the box to challenge the status quo and introduce new ideas
- Exceptional organisational skills and ability to work fast and efficiently with strong time management skills to meet internal and external deadlines and manage competing priorities
- Outstanding interpersonal skills with an ability to communicate effectively across all levels of an international organisation and externally
- Demonstrated experience with effective stakeholder management
- Experience working in a high volume, fast paced environment
- Demonstrated ability to pick up new technology quickly and work proficiently in Microsoft Office 2010, including Excel and a willingness to continue learning;
- Demonstrated teamwork and collaboration skills, as well as the ability to work independently
- Knowledge of Thomson Reuters Elite 3E would be advantageous but not essential.
About the Firm
A pragmatic and dynamic international law firm with a focus on core sectors of infrastructure, insurance, international trade, natural resources and transportation. Clyde & Co is recognised for its work in and with fast-moving and volatile emerging markets, and for a history of managing complex, multi-jurisdictional transactions and disputes. Internationally, with more than 4,000 staff across six continents, we are on the front line for our clients' interests, all over the world. Our culture is one that is based on our integrity, enjoyment of work and a spirit of adventure that runs through everything we do. Clyde & Co is a truly entrepreneurial firm, always seeking new opportunities. We have had a presence in the Asia Pacific region for close to 40 years, during which time we have invested in building a network of market leading specialists who support our clients' international and regional growth strategies. We have over 500 directly-employed staff in-region. Our regional network includes presence in: Hong Kong, Shanghai, Beijing, Chongqing, Ulaanbaatar, New Delhi, Kuala Lumpur, Singapore, Auckland, Sydney, Brisbane, Melbourne and Perth, as well as working closely with Clyde & Co offices around the world.
For more about the firm, its lawyers, offices and areas of expertise and for the latest industry thought leadership please visit www.clydeco.com
How to apply
This is a fantastic opportunity to become part of a dynamic and progressive firm. If you are interested in this position, please submit your application (including cover letter and resume) below.
Please note: Only candidates who have been selected for interview will be contacted.
Agencies: We have an internal resourcing team responsible for the recruitment of this role and are only accepting direct applications at this time. We are not accepting agency submissions for this role.