Mosman Park is located along Stirling Highway approximately 14 kilometres from Perth and 3 kilometres from Fremantle. It is bordered by the suburbs of Cottesloe, Peppermint Grove, and North Fremantle; and is unique in having the Indian Ocean on its western boundary and the beautiful shores of the Swan River as its eastern boundary.
The Town of Mosman Park is a vibrant, flexible and supportive workplace. We are a small local government, focused on making a difference to our community.
The Town provides its employees with generous employment conditions and highly desirable lifestyle benefits including:
- Entitlements: 17.5% leave loading, 2 extra days of leave each year
- Additional superannuation (subject to individual contribution)
- Flexible working arrangements
- Professional development opportunities
- Wellness programs, including an Employee Assistance Program
- Free parking, and close to public transport.
We are a values driven organisation proud to be serving our community with luscious green spaces and built environment. If you are looking to work with an organisation who truly believes their workforce is their most important asset and promotes a positive and friendly working environment then the Town of Mosman Park could be the workplace for you.
Things you'll be proud of:
- Being part of a movement to reduce the use of chemicals in the environment.
- Working for an organisation that keeps our community at the heart of all we do.
- Being a positive brand ambassador for the Town of Mosman Park.
- Having values aligned to those of the organisation.
- Permanent full time
- Working a 9 day fortnight
You will be a hands-on Team Leader of an operational team (two crew members) to provide landscape maintenance services to the Towns parks and gardens. You will monitor the health and condition of horticultural areas, assess work requirements and follow treatment protocols to ensure presentation levels are of a high standard. You are accountable for organising and motivating your team to complete work schedules and be responsible for the quality of their work whilst adjusting to changing work priorities. The Town of Mosman Park is transitioning to a reduction in the use of herbicides. You will rarely, if ever, be asked to apply chemicals as part of this role.
You are expected to liaise with customers/residents and Town staff in a professional and courteous manner as well as attend required staff meetings and functions and contribute to the organizational culture in a positive way.
The successful applicant will possess;
- A strong work ethic and willingness to work alongside crew members all day to set the pace and level of quality
- A positive disposition and optimistic view of hard work
- Pride in workmanship
- Weed identification skills and a good understanding of non-chemical weed control methods
- Certificate III or higher in Horticulture
- Previous team leader experience, and ability to work in a team environment
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of safety issues relevant to horticultural operations
- Sound verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Literacy and numeracy skills as well as basic understanding of smart phone technology and personal computing
- Experience in small plant operation maintenance
- Highly developed organisational skills with the ability to manage time, work output and priorities and handle a range of tasks with competing priorities.
Work Related Requirements
The recruitment process requires applicants to obtain a police clearance and undergo a pre-employment medical, including a drug and alcohol assessment, as well as possess:
- Current MR or HR drivers license
- White Card
- Although not essential, it is desirable that you have a Certificate IV Frontline Management or equivalent, relevant experience in Local Government or similar regulated industry, current First Aid Certificate, Current MR class drivers licence and Basic Worksite Traffic Management.
- Chainsaw and skidsteer qualifications also desirable
Salary: $64,000 $68,816 per annum (depending on skills and experience)
How to Apply: Applicants are expected to address the Selection Criteria within their application and must answer (in 200 words or less) the following question:
Why do you want to work for us and what is the main strength you will bring to this position
Close Date: 5pm Friday 16 October 2020
The Town reserves the right to commence recruitment prior to this date.
Applicants are required to demonstrate a commitment to the Town of Mosman Parks values of We Laugh; We are Progressive; We Work Together; We are Professional; We Care; We Connect and We Innovate.
The Town of Mosman Park has an inclusive working environment with employees from a variety of backgrounds. We acknowledge that diversity in the workforce, increases the effectiveness of teams. We welcome applications from Indigenous people, workers of all ages, people with disabilities, people who identify as LGBTIQ and those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.