Vehicle and basic tools will be provided, Generous salary packaging, Monday to Friday 9:30am to 5:30pm.
Interchange Outer East (IOE) is a child safe organisation upholding the right of children and vulnerable people to be free from abuse. All people involved with IOE have the right to feel safe and supported during their involvement with the organisation.
At IOE we are passionate about people, creating opportunities and having fun.
Want to join our team
Our team includes our staff, volunteers and board; without them, nothing else is possible. Thats why we support and treasure our team and culture to ensure we have the right approach, attitudes and capabilities to service our community.
What we do
- We develop and deliver services to children and young people with disabilities and their families
Why we do it
- To enhance family wellbeing
- To build inclusive communities
- To engage and support children and young people with disabilities
- We believe that when families are supported, individuals and communities thrive
- We believe that human rights, respect and inclusion really matter
- We believe in local, community-based approaches with volunteering opportunities
- We believe that open and honest relationships are the foundation of trust
- We believe having fun is an essential part of life
What we are looking for:
The position of Fleet and Maintenance Officer aims to ensure that the motor vehicle fleet is appropriately maintained in a manner which is safe and roadworthy, and the maintenance and integrity of the buildings and grounds of Interchange Outer East to appropriate standards for health and safety.
- A can do attitude with a passionate belief that all people with a disability have something to offer.
- A builder sees the end goal and can design and build the bridge to get there.
- Genuinely curious.
- An ideas person someone who is thinking what next and always looking for more sustainable options.
- Always looking out for the wellbeing of families and staff
- Excellent organisational and time management skills.
- Excellent troubleshooting, mechanical and technical skills.
- Good Interpersonal and stakeholder management skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Can design and implement programs and support structures.
- Perfect team player
- Experience in working and engaging with families from culturally diverse backgrounds would be highly regarded
Interchange Outer East understand the importance of diversity and inclusion. We recognise that everyone has the right to an equitable, safe and productive environment and to be treated with dignity and respect. We welcome applications from all people regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, cultural background, disability or sexual orientation. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
Prospective candidates will need to undergo a series of safety screening checks before being appointed to any position at IOE. Our recruitment procedures reflect our commitment to the safety of the people we support. Safety screening includes:
- A Working with Children Check
- National Police history check (Crimcheck)
- Disability Worker Exclusion Scheme
In addition to the safety screening, the successful applicant will be required to provide proof of currency for: first aid certification Provide First Aid HLTAID004, manual handling and undertake the NDIS Worker Orientation Module.
Generous salary packaging is available on commencement.
Applications close 31.10.2020 @ 5.00 pm.