Diverse project portfolio, in a multi-disciplinary, creative team environment, We empower our people; our culture is Professional but Fun, A competitive salary applies to this position; near immediate start available.
Rockfield is a forward thinking, multidisciplinary engineering consultancy focussed on developing simple solutions to complex problems in Public Infrastructure, Mining, Bulk Handling Heavy Industry sectors. Strategically situated in Townsville, Perth and Melbourne, Rockfield are a specialist company with skills in advanced structural analysis, design and asset management, including Greenfield and Brownfield engineering project design and management; instrumentation/data acquisition/analytics; and, site-based engineering. Rockfield are looking to expand.
Rockfield is looking for both Junior and Senior Structural Engineers to be based in our Townsville, Melbourne, and/or Perth, offices. As a member of our cross-functional Structural Team, you will gain experience in engineering projects relating to mining, processing, port, road/rail bridges, port, agriculture, and prototypical research/development sectors. Whilst working closely with experienced persons in these fields, you will hone your technical and commercial acumen. You will be working on a broad array of projects with diverse clientele.
Candidates will meet, or be working towards, the following requirements:
- Hold structural engineering tertiary qualification/s at graduate or post graduate level/s with a minimum of 3 years experience in industry. Graduates with excellent academic achievements/awards and industry experience may be considered.
- Knowledge and experience in the application of Australian Standards in structural design areas.
- Ability to demonstrate technical proficiency and passion for the application of structural design (e.g. steel, reinforced/pre-stressed concrete, earth retaining, aluminium and/or timber structures).
- Proficiency with analysis software suites with the ability to interrogate/question/verify analysis results obtained. (e.g. ANSYS, Strand 7 and Spacegass).
- Proficiency with 3D modelling, CAD or BIM packages (e.g. ACAD, Inventor, Revit, etc.).
- Excellent organisational skills to manage or participate in project work within time and budget constraints.
- High capability to work within and lead teams.
- Professional communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability/propensity to travel for project work.
Demonstration of further tertiary and/or professional qualifications/accreditations such as RPEQ/CPEng, postgraduate studies, consulting experience etc. would be beneficial.
We champion a peak-performance culture and empower our people to excel professionally, whilst having fun. We promote happiness, health and wellbeing in a fun and collaborative workplace. We support self-learning but also provide access to external training opportunities, and internal mentoring and development. From day zero, we will encourage you to learn and grow professionally.
A competitive salary applies to these positions which are available for a near immediate start.
Covering letters should address the criteria noted in this advertisement. First round interviews with short listed applicants will be held via web conference or in person if possible.
Recruitment agency applications will not be accepted for this role.