Opportunity available at a fast growing Environmental and Engineering firm, Permanent role available, Highly professional yet fun environment to work in!.
As one of the fastest growing environmental and engineering firms in Victoria, Tonkin + Taylor is continuing to develop a highly successful multi-disciplinary team. We owe our success to market-leading technical expertise, a commitment to competing on quality and the exceptionally high calibre of our technical specialists. We are seeking a junior or intermediate Environmental, Quality and Safety (EQS) Advisor to join our expanding team in this newly created role.
About the role:
This role reports to the Group Health, Safety and Wellbeing (HSW) Manager and works closely alongside the AU Health, Safety & Wellbeing Senior Advisor. We are looking for someone who will develop, implement and maintain an environmental and quality management system that meets the requirements of the relevant Standards, and support the business to deliver on its strategic pathway. Your key duties will include:
- Coordination and operation of the environmental and quality management systems
- Work with HSW Senior Advisor - AU, Director of Enterprise Risk and Group HSW Manager, General Manager - Victoria and Managing Director - Chadwick Geotechnics to achieve the desired level of system integration, embedment and performance as outlined in the relevant T+T Group Policies, implementation plans and business goals and objectives
- Monitoring and measuring progress on achieving objectives and targets, and reporting back to relevant stakeholders
- Communicating and training staff on in-house environmental, quality, health, safety, and wellbeing management
- Coordinating and conducting internal audits
- Assisting relevant stakeholders with external audits
You will be supporting our two businesses; Tonkin + Taylor and Chadwick Geotechnics, with your role based in the Southbank office with occasional travel to Dandenong required.
We are a dedicated team of professionals working in the environmental and consulting engineering space who enjoy our work and like to have fun. Tonkin + Taylor is not only a place to work - it's a place where your work will make a difference. At T+T, we offer an environment in which innovation, technical rigour and achievement of results are rewarded.
If you are not already convinced about joining us, we also offer fantastic benefits including an annual wellbeing allowance, an active social club, free on-site gym facilities, and a commitment to training where we will support your career needs and provide opportunities for development.
To be successful in the position you will be a highly motivated self-starter. This role is suited for someone who has an Environmental background, and a few years practical experience in quality and systems management. It's expected that you will have:
- Bachelor, or Masters, in Environmental Science, or related degree
- 2+ years' practical experience in implementing and managing ISO14001 requirements
- Knowledge and interest in ISO 9001 Quality and ISO 45001 Health and Safety management requirements and current risk management practices
- Knowledge and experience in implementing business systems and improvement programmes
- Ability to work with limited supervision and as part of a wider team
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, including an ability to engage with stakeholders
Does this sound like you Hit the APPLY button below!