About the Institute:
The Black Dog Institute is a Medical Research Institute and a global leader in translational mental health research. We harness the latest technology and other tools to quickly turn our world-class research findings into clinical services, education and e-health products that improve the lives of people with mental illness and the wider community.
We pride ourselves on translating our own world leading Workplace Mental Health research into an award-winning culture that encompasses a holistic view of wellbeing. We aim to create a positive, mentally healthy workplace that recognises the importance of meaningful work, balanced lifestyles, psychological well-being and continual learning whilst being guided by our core values - Collaboration, Compassion, Excellence, Innovation and Respect. We offer:
- Competitive salaries
- Salary packaging
- Commitment to Learning and Development
- Flexible working hours and work-life balance
- Generous parental leave policy
- Pet friendly office
- Social and team events
About the Role:
The purpose of the Digital Engagement Officer is to provide digital support to the Fundraising and Development team for appeals, campaigns, virtual events, online lead generation and other digital initiatives designed to achieve fundraising revenue targets.
The role involves curation and scheduling of social media fundraising campaigns, as well as the creation of content for eDMs, webpages, social media posts, SMS communications, graphics and videos. A key element of the role is to respond to and triage incoming supporter enquiries via email and social media. The role also supports the internal communications function by providing appropriate content on Fundraising-driven initiatives for publishing on the BDI intranet and the internal communications newsletter, SCAN.
- Provide digital support to corporate partnerships, community fundraising, major donors, trusts and foundations, bequests, cash donors and regular giving projects to help achieve revenue targets
- Assist in the delivery of online fundraising appeals, virtual events, SMS and lead generation campaigns
- Curate and schedule social media fundraising campaigns for BDI on social media, including Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin, Instagram and Youtube
- Liaise with external agency to optimise fundraising opportunities through SEM and SEO, including always-on fundraising campaigns through Google AdWords grant.
- Create engaging digital content including eDMs, webpages and articles, social media posts and simple graphics and videos to support fundraising objectives
- Update and maintain fundraising content on the BDI website
- Update and maintain content in automated email and SMS journeys for BDI donors and fundraisers
- Assist in the production of video, audio, multimedia presentations, graphics and other assets as required
- Liaise with the Marketing and Communications team to deliver content which is on-brand and on-message
- Engender support for fundraising activities across BDI by keeping other departments updated about fundraising campaigns and initiatives via the fundraising page on the intranet, SCAN internal newsletter and other forums
- Report on key digital fundraising activities and outcomes and assist with post-campaign reporting as needed.
- Assist with the effective delivery of digital supporter retention strategies
- Provide supporter care and public information for fundraising and donor enquiries
- Undertake community management of fundraising campaigns on social media channels
- Process supporter details using Raiser’s Edge database where necessary, adhering to security and privacy policies
The successful candidate will have the following:
- Tertiary qualifications in digital marketing/communications or digital content development or comparable professional experience
- 2 – 3 years’ hands-on experience in a digital focused role, with a strong creative eye for detail
- Proven experience in generating revenue, preferably in a fundraising context, across digital channels such as social media, eDM and website.
- Demonstrated experience in digital disciplines such as social media (Facebook, Linkedin, Twitter, Instagram), email marketing, content creation and SEO/SEM
- Experience using web analytics to drive and report on campaigns through Google Analytics
- Experience with CRMs (preferably Raisers Edge/NXT), databases, peer-to-peer third party fundraising platforms and an understanding of how these and other technologies can drive fundraising outcomes
- Experience building and testing email content in a marketing system (preferably Campaign Monitor)
- Proven team player who takes own initiative in supporting and achieving team goals
- Highly organised and able to juggle and prioritise several projects at once
- Experience in a customer service or supporter care
- Project management training or practical experience with managing projects
- Demonstrated understanding of UX principles and application
- Understanding of marketing automation principles
For a full list of duties and selection criteria, please download the position description. Please apply using the online portal (link below) with your resume and cover letter addressing selection criteria outlined in the position description. Candidates who apply via email will not be considered.
Applications close: 21 October 2020
The Black Dog Institute is an EEO Employer.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and encouraged to apply.