Business Relationship Manager
Location: Sydney CBD
Contract Type: Full-Time Permanent
Your part in a changing world
At QBE, were driven by our purpose to give people the confidence to achieve their ambitions.
We are an international insurer and reinsurer offering a diverse portfolio of commercial, personal and specialty products, as well as risk management solutions. Our product portfolio includes property, motor, crop, energy, marine and aviation. We employee a team of more than 11,800 people, in 27 countries around the world.
QBE is going through an exciting journey at the moment and now is a great time to join the NSW/ACT Sales & Relationship Management team. We are looking for someone with established market relationships and knowledge of general insurance market. The candidate will want to contribute to the strategy and direction of the business and who is not afraid to share ideas and challenge when appropriate. We are looking for a creative and diverse thinker who is open to change and innovation as we continue along this journey. Responsibilities include:
- Establish and develop relationships both internal and external and promote QBE brand with your broker network;
- Broker account planning and implementation; work alongside and cultivate relationship with the underwriting teams at QBE and building broad stakeholder engagement within the business.
- Establish regular contact with brokers to understand their business strategy and direction. Look at the big picture.
- Work with brokers to understand and build new strategies for increased profitable sales growth.
- Confidence using CRM tools (including Salesforce) and data to build, develop and execute on a pipeline of opportunities.
- Ability to independently overcomes barriers and problem solve to develop meaningful solutions.
Your story so far
- Be able to engage and influence a variety of stakeholders both internal and external.
- Think differently and be confident in presenting your ideas to the business.
- Bring a strategic mindset and be able to think big picture.
- Prior experience in an intermediated general insurance market.
We are here to support you
We are proud to have been Voted #5 in the 2019 Top 20 Australian Workplaces for New Dads (HBF Direct Advice for Dads) and we achieved Gold Employer status in both the 2019 and 2020 Australian Workplace Equality Index (AWEI) the definitive national benchmark on LGBTI workplace inclusion.
We are also a finalist in the 2020 Australian HR Awards, shortlisted for Best Workplace Diversity & Inclusion Program and Best Health & Wellbeing Program.
We offer a range of benefits to help provide holistic support for your work life, whatever your circumstance.
As a QBE employee, we will offer you:
- [email protected] leave to enhance your work/life integration
- Our At My Best wellbeing program, which includes a free 12-month subscription to Headspace
- Access to Share the Care 12 weeks flexible leave for new parents inclusive of paid superannuation
- The ability to maximise retirement savings through voluntary super contributions and company matching
- Income protection insurance and reimbursed Death and Total Permanent Disability insurance premiums
- Access to REACH My Best - free holistic wellbeing coaching, nutritional, financial and legal advice and confidential counselling
- Discounts on insurance products, car hire, hotels, goods and services
- Benefits through our various sports and arts sponsorship partners such as free and discounted tickets.
Click APPLY to submit your application. Successful applicants will need to complete work rights, police and credit checks through our online provider as a condition of employment.
QBE recognise the value of diverse perspectives and experience. We are committed to an inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued and respected for who they are. If we can provide support with access requirements, alternative work arrangements or you would like to connect with one of our networks .