As a full time Sales Assistant / Store Person, you will work closely with our store manager and partner customers to help them find the best solutions possible. You will also spend a large portion of your time out the back in a warehouse providing support to our team.
- Pick, pack, label and assemble customer orders accurately and promptly
- Unpack, check and put away replenishment product
- Provide customer service within our retail store to both DIY & Trade customers
- Solve problems
- Update customers on despatch/delivery information
- Liaise with internal customers regarding stock, transfers and orders
- Delivery of customer orders in company owned truck
- Previous retail experience along with previous warehouse / pick packing experience
- Knowledge of warehouse operations
- You will have a strong interest to learn new skills as well as an invested interest to build your knowledge and expertise on our products
- A keen eye for detail, taking pride in the presentation of a store - run it like you own it!
- You will be comfortable with manual handling as part of your normal day. For example - lifting heavy paint tins, pushing and pulling trolleys, standing for long periods, kneeling etc
- Flexibility to work between different store locations if and when required
- You will also be an outstanding teammate who has the ability to cope under pressure at times
- You will be flexible to work on a roster between the hours of 7:30am 4:30pm Monday to Friday and occasional Saturdays on a rostered basis
- You will hold a valid drivers license and be able to drive a manual truck (you will be required to help out with deliveries)
- Forklift license is also highly desired
Here at PPG we make it happen, and we seek candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our values, with the commitment and drive to strive today to do better than yesterday everyday.
PPG: WE PROTECT AND BEAUTIFY THE WORLD
Through leadership in innovation, sustainability and color, PPG helps customers in industrial, transportation, consumer products, and construction markets and aftermarkets to enhance more surfaces in more ways than does any other company.. To learn more, visit www.ppg.com and follow @ PPG on Twitter.
The PPG Way
Every single day at PPG:
We partner with customers to create mutual value.
We are insightful, dedicated and proactive. We have intimate knowledge of the market and our customers. We focus on practical solutions that make a difference.
We are One PPG to the world.
We are better and stronger together. We leverage our scale to reach new markets and introduce innovative technologies as we differentiate and disrupt our markets.
We trust our people every day, in every way.
We enable and empower our people to make the right decisions. We are inclusive, transparent and respectful. Our feedback is clear and actionable.
We make it happen.
We have a passion for winning. We achieve. We deliver with discipline and integrity. We bring our best energy to our work. We decide and act intelligently and quickly.
We run it like we own it.
We respect one another by being responsible and accountable. We always act in the best interest of our company, customers, shareholders and our communities.
We do better today than yesterday everyday.
We continuously learn. We develop our people to grow our businesses.
PPG provides equal opportunity to all candidates and employees. We offer an opportunity to grow and develop your career in an environment that provides a fulfilling workplace for employees, creates an environment for continuous learning, and embraces the ideas and diversity of others. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, pregnancy, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression.