CBD Location, Part Time ongoing, 0.6 FTE, Flexible working arrangements.
The Stroke Foundation is a national not-for-profit organisation that works with stroke survivors, carers, health professionals, government and the public to reduce the impact of stroke on the Australian community. Our mission is to Stop Stroke, Save Lives, End Suffering
About the program
The Corporate Services Division includes finance, IT and business systems, legislative and regulatory compliance functions of the organisation. The team ensures efficient and effective financial governance, organisational performance information and systems support are delivered to support the strategic priorities of the organisation.
About the role
Reporting to the National Manager Finance, the Finance Officer is responsible for performing a range of financial and accounting duties across the organisation. This role will ensure the finance and accounts payable functions support the organisation though efficient and effective interpretation and entry of data. The Finance Officer will also suggest, support and implement continuous improvements in systems and processes.
- Accounts Payable duties including entry of invoices, reconciliation of statements, processing of regular payment runs and attending to supplier enquiries.
- Reconciliation of all operational bank accounts and credit cards.
- Assist with the end-to-end payroll function, including the administration and maintenance of the Employee Service Portal (ESS) and control of leave entitlements,
- Managing and attending to payroll and superannuation compliance, payment of PAYG, ensuring salary packaging and ATO requirements including Single Touch Payroll (STP) and Fringe Benefits Tax (FBT) are established and adhered to.
- Assist with the preparation and completion of audits
- Provide assistance in the preparation of monthly financial reports
- Undertake ad-hoc tasks as directed by the Finance Manager and other internal liaisons.
- Processing of standing journals including prepayments and accruals.
Your background - Skills and Experience
- Diploma of Accounting or Certificate in Financial Accounting or similar is desirable
- Demonstrated financial and accounting experience
- Sound knowledge of ERP systems
- Experience with Microsoft GP Dynamics general ledger and accounts payable.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the use and reporting within a chart of accounts.
What's on offer
A flexible, innovative and dynamic organisation with engaged, knowledgeable staff with the added benefits of competitive remuneration and salary packaging advantages.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work with one of Australias leading not-for profit organisations that has a positive influence on the lives of thousands of Australians each year. If you are passionate about making an impact, and want to be part of an organisation that is making a real difference in peoples lives, please forward your resume with a covering letter.
The Stroke Foundation embraces cultural diversity and strongly encourages Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, and people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds to apply.