- Full time, fixed term position (13 months)
- Position is based at the Strathfield campus
Australian Catholic University (ACU) is an inclusive community which welcomes students and staff of all beliefs. ACU has over 2,500 staff supporting more than 34,000 students across eight campuses – Adelaide, Ballarat, Brisbane, Canberra, Melbourne, North Sydney, Strathfield and Rome. We've also partnered with Blacktown City Council to open a new ACU campus in Blacktown, Western Sydney, in 2021.
As valued members of our community, all staff members are expected to have an understanding of ACU's mission and values and to demonstrate an active contribution to them.
The National School of Education is the largest provider of initial teacher education in Australia with a strong reputation for its high quality, work-ready graduates. Adding to its traditional strengths in early childhood, primary and secondary initial teacher education, the National School of Education’s disciplines reflect key strengths in the areas of early childhood, mathematics and literacy education, the arts, science and technology, educational studies, teacher professional practice, assessment, educational leadership, Indigenous education, and wellbeing and inclusive education.
The Administrative Officer: Professional and Community Placement provides timely, effective and efficient administrative support for the purpose of sourcing and allocating appropriate field placements (including school and community experience) for courses delivered by the National School of Education.
More specifically, the role will:
- Liaising with a range of Schools for the placement of students requiring a placement in their course
- Act as the first point of contact regarding placement for students and schools / agencies experiencing problems with placed students.
You will need to have:
- Relevant tertiary qualification or an appropriate combination of training and relevant experience preferably in a tertiary environment
- Demonstrated understanding of Placement software such as InPlace skills, and capacity to gain skills in University software such as Banner
- Attention to details and accuracy with regard to correspondence and database maintenance.
The University pursues an excellence agenda and offers an environment where staff are welcomed and safe, and valued through development, participation and involvement.
Total remuneration valued to $85,053 - $92,166 pa, including salary component $71,871- $77,882 pa (Higher Education Worker Level 5), employer contribution to superannuation and annual leave loading.
Only candidates with the right to work in Australia may apply for this position.
Applications Close: Wednesday 7 October 2020; 11:55pm EST
ACU is committed to diversity and social inclusion in its employment practices. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disabilities and people from culturally diverse groups are encouraged.