Enable the delivery of works along the Eastern Freeway, Be part of a collaborative and high-performing team, Flexible working arrangements and 17.5% leave loading.
About North East Link
The North East Link Project (NELP) will connect the missing link in Melbourne's freeway network by linking the Eastern Freeway and the M80 Ring Road in Melbourne's north-east. The project includes major upgrades to the Eastern Freeway from Springvale Road including Melbourne's first dedicated busway from Doncaster towards the city. The North East Link will be a safe and efficient freeway connection for up to 135,000 vehicles a day, slashing travel times, getting trucks off local roads, linking key growth areas in the north and south-east and creating thousands of jobs during construction and early operation.
About the opportunity
Be part of a transformative infrastructure project for Victoria, with an exciting role in the North East Link Project's Delivery team. Reporting to the Senior Project Manager, this role will be responsible for enabling the delivery of the Eastern Freeway Upgrade, Doncaster Busway and other projects within the Southern Package.
Your main duties will be:
- Managing project activities including scoping, feasibility, design & development, delivery and commissioning
- Providing expert advice to senior management and key stakeholders
- Ensuring effective tendering and management of works contracts, monitoring and reporting of contractor progress and effectively negotiating, as required.
Travel and time spent at a future site office (Bulleen) will be required.
An experienced Project Manager, who can pull all the key players together to deliver Victoria's largest infrastructure project.
In addition, you:
- Have a passion for working on transformative projects that will collaborate with community stakeholders to create a positive outcome for generations to come.
- Are a strong communicator, who's capable of negotiating and influencing stakeholders, contractors and the wider project team.
- Bring excellent analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to analyse issues from different perspectives, particularly in the area of project risks.
- Have well-developed report writing and reporting skills with experience in preparing complex briefs, correspondence and technical reports using clear and concise language that meets the audience's requirements
Culture & Benefits
We are a people centric organisation with a start-up feel, pushing the boundaries of best practice in Government, Project Management and Civil Engineering to leave our legacy through creating great infrastructure for Victoria.
We are committed to creating a workplace that inspires you, engages you and grows you - we want you to be a powerful contributor to our inclusive, diverse and dynamic organisation.
Our offering continues to grow but here is what we already have in store for you:
- Wellbeing program: an in-house Wellbeing Advisor dedicated to a wide range of initiatives tailored to NELP's people and culture.
- Flexible working: Ongoing commitment to flexible work arrangements, along with a financial allowance to support our current remote working.
- 17.5 % Leave loading (including ability to purchase additional leave)
- Melbourne CBD location for head office
- Access to discounted public transport
- Generous parental leave entitlements for both primary and secondary carers
How to apply
To apply please submit a cover letter and CV.
Applications close at 11:59pm on 7th October 2020.
We believe in inclusiveness, diversity and equality and are committed to ensuring that our workplaces are a reflection of the Victorian community. We recognise the benefits that a diverse and inclusive culture brings for our employees and in turn, encourage talented people from all backgrounds, abilities and identities to apply to our vacancies. We strongly encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, people with a disability and others from under-represented backgrounds to apply.