Premier lifestyle location, Competitive salary with industry leading benefits, Growing business with a positive market outlook.
Traineeship Certificate III Water Industry Operations
Harvey Water is an Irrigation Cooperative providing water to 720 farmers (Shareholders) plus 300 other Customers including mineral extraction and processing industries, hobby farms, local authorities and community groups.
The Traineeship qualification allows for the attainment of general competencies in water industry operations or specialisation in networks, source, irrigation or treatment. The general qualification covers the skills required to operate in a broad range of water operations.
As this is a trainee position, no experience is required only an interest in the water industry and the right attitude.
The position will rotate through the various asset based and delivery operation areas of our responsibility, as such:
- Field based asset maintenance works under supervision of experienced operators;
- Maintenance against a wide range of water infrastructure;
- Delivery of water through Harvey Waters assets;
- Fault diagnosis and management of the challenges faced by our daily operations;
- Construction of water infrastructure;
- Water treatment operations.
Skills and Attributes
This role requires:
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills;
- Attention to detail;
- A strong team player who can work across the organisation;
- Must have and maintain a current drivers license;
- A positive attitude to safety;
- Able to work autonomously and/or in a team environment;
- Basic computer and data entry skills;
- Good communication skills;
- Time management skills;
- Good customer service skills;
- Experience in water services is advantageous.
The position will be based through our irrigation district, which runs between Dardanup and Harvey, with the Harvey Waters office located on the outskirts of the township of Harvey.
Term of Employment
The position is offered on a permanent basis, following an initial six month probationary period and dependant on satisfactory annual performance reviews. Management KPIs and performance-based targets will be the basis of the annual performance review.
A competitive base salary will be offered, plus 14.5% superannuation and access to a bonus program dependant on skills, qualifications and experience.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates preferably living within a 30km radius of Brunswick.
To be eligible to apply for this position you must have an appropriate Australian or New Zealand work visa.
Formal offer of employment is subject to standard pre-employment checks including medical and other background checks.
Applications close 5pm, 30th October 2020.
Please note: we will not accept applications through employment agencies.