Work for the 2018 National Aged Care Provider of the Year!, Make a difference to lives of older people!, Competitive pay and Not For Profit salary packaging!.
A fantastic opportunity exists for a Centralised Roster Officer to join the 2018 National Aged Care Provider of the Year at Albion Park Rail.
Warrigal is an award winning, community owned, not-for-profit organisation which supports older people to create inspiring communities. Warrigal delivers innovative and quality care and support through superior services, practices and management. We currently employ over 1300 staff and have 400 Volunteers across the Illawarra and the Southern Highlands and recently celebrated 52 years in operation.
Our vision is that older people will have great lives. We are passionate about what we do and we believe that people matter the most – our customers and their families, our staff and our volunteers.
- Competitive pay and NFP salary packaging including up to $15,900 in pre-tax earnings plus $2,550 to contribute towards entertainment benefits each FBT year
- Commitment to on-going professional and career development opportunities
- Flexible working arrangements and rosters
- Career break schemes and purchased leave
- Get Healthy at Work program including discounted gym memberships
- An intentional workplace culture, working with inspiring people who have passion and heart
About the role:
You will be responsible for administering the staffing allocations across all homes within Warrigal. This involves planning, development and administration of staff daily allocations for residential and community services in consultation with the relevant Service Manager. This includes coordinating and planning with all managers to understand rostering requirements; scheduling casual staff shifts across the organisation in line with client needs and guidelines; and oordinate with Payroll to ensure correct processing of staff shifts.
What you’ll need (essential criteria):
- Five plus years experience working in a similar role, with particular knowledge of best practice rostering procedures in complex, multidisciplinary 24/7 industry
- Effective communication skills and the ability to liaise effectively with staff and managers to coordinate shifts
- Sound knowledge of Rostering, Payroll process and Time Capture systems including experience undertaking systems administration functions to keep the Rostering system up to date
- Experience in MS Office, including Excel and Word
- Well developed capacity to manage the competing demands of a busy environment, work to deadlines and maintain attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team with minimal supervision
- Availability to work shiftwork or be on call before or after business hours
- Ability to work from home if there is operational need to do so
- Commitment to deliver a high level of customer service and continuous improvement
- Knowledge and commitment to EEO, anti-discrimination in the workplace, ensuring confidentiality regarding privacy issues
This really is a unique opportunity to make your mark and improve the lives of older people. If you’re seeking fulfilment and are passionate about changing the way aged care is delivered, we’d love to hear from you!
Aboriginal people are strongly encouraged to apply for this position.
Location: Albion Park Rail
Work Type: Temporary Full-time for up to 9 months
Hourly Rate: $22.96 - $31.07
Applications Close: 26 October 20
Interested Apply now!
The recruitment for this position includes a variety of stages such as online screening, interviews, reference checking, pre-employment medicals and a National Criminal History Check.