Gold Coast location with truly independent financial planning firm, Professional and supportive team seeking a quality paraplanner/associate-adviser, Caring business that specialises in ongoing service to pre and post retirees.
Competitive Salary and Super Package
Small independent Gold Coast financial planning business is seeking an experienced and passionate paraplanner. Their clients are predominantly pre and post retirees and this firm has a major focus on forging deep relationships with its valued clients and delivering a high-quality ongoing service program.
This role is more than a Statement of Advice producer, the suitable applicant will be seeking a role where they can apply their technical experience and collaborate with the client facing advisers in developing optimum strategies for new clients and reviewing and enhancing the position of their ongoing service clients.
Reporting to the Operations Manager and as a valued team member, the primary responsibility of your role would be to assist the Financial Advisers in the provision of quality advice.
Your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Researching and developing financial strategies and suitable products for new and existing clients
- Meeting with the adviser, one on one to discuss findings, assist with gathering of any further client information and together determine the ways to achieve the best outcomes for clients
- Succinctly articulate this research and the proposed strategies in a detailed brief for use by the adviser in delivering proposals to new clients and reviewing the position of existing clients
- Preparing Statements of Advice, varying from simple review outlines to complex strategic advice
- Devising and documenting the steps to implement these strategies in the most efficient manner
- Working with and supporting the administration team in implementing and reviewing these strategies
- Preparation of any other engagement letters
- Contributing to continued improvement of the businesss procedures, compliance, and efficiencies
To be considered for this role, you will have a passion for the Financial Planning industry and a genuine interest in being part of a team of experienced professionals operating a truly independent growing business which is striving to set the standard for quality personal advice and service to its client base.
You will have a solid understanding of the development of financial planning strategies with a depth of experience in investments, superannuation, retirement strategies and how these interact with government benefits such as age pension, disability support pensions, carer payments/ allowances and health care cards. A sound understanding of entities such as SMSFs, trusts and companies will also be highly regarded.
To be successful in this role you will also need to demonstrate the following:
- 3 - 5 years minimum experience working as a paraplanner
- Relevant tertiary qualifications including working towards meeting FASEA standards
- Have the ability to work independently, prioritise your work to due dates and also be a supportive and contributing team member with two other in house paraplanners
- Have a high attention to detail and the ability to self-check work to ensure minimal errors in work presented to advisers
- Excellent communication skills
- Professional presentation with strong relationship building skills and a genuine care for the success of fellow team members
Base Salary up to $80k subject to experience level
Generous employer Super Contribution of 12%
Potential for bonus participation
This is an excellent opportunity for an enthusiastic individual to join this growing business.