Genuinely unique opportunity to be part of an expanding large global business, Real opportunity to progress to a Director level role in coming couple of years, Exposure to all aspects of the business and to working with senior management.
About Throgmorton & Apex Group
Throgmorton, an Apex Group Company, is dedicated to delivering exceptional service with a personal touch in the areas of Accounting & Tax, Payroll, Company Secretarial, and HR. We are proud to place the utmost importance on developing strong personal relationships with our clients and that focus has enabled us to establish a strong reputation in the asset management space, growing from just three people in 1999 to 150 dedicated employees servicing over 700 clients in 2019 across the world.
The Apex Group is a global financial services provider with 3,000 staff across 40+ offices globally.
Client Service Delivery
- Managing/overseeing service delivery in the areas of Accounting & Tax, Payroll, Company Secretarial, and HR.
- CRM for appropriate clients
- Assistance and specialist resource for Tax Managers/Senior Managers/Tax Directors in the areas of Payroll, GST, BAS, company secretarial & governance, HR and corporate accounting & tax.
- First port of call assistance for Business Unit Directors / CRMs in appropriate circumstances
- Client facing technical consultant (all taxes and cross-discipline)
- Leading research and implementation of ad-hoc client related projects
- Upward management re. client related risks and opportunities
Business development & planning
- Identify areas of opportunity and take a lead in developing product and promote within the Firm and to clients
- Active in engaging new business for the Firm, contributing to business development initiatives (tax and cross selling)
- Operational planning and process development of technical function ensuring capacity and capability in the team to deliver to clients, in line with agreed budgets
- Leadership role in the areas of Payroll, GST, BAS, company secretarial & governance and corporate accounting & tax
- Promoting cross selling behavioural traits
- Training of tax and non-tax personnel, and overseeing the same by others
- Overseeing development of strategic solutions to risk issues
- Quality control oversight and development of control framework
- Assistance to Tax Managers/Senior Managers to resolve client risk issues
- Monitoring the effectiveness of Business Unit tax technical resources
- A professional qualification such as CA, CPA & preferably tax agent licensee (or ability to obtain one).
- Excellent practical tax knowledge and understanding of tax risks, preferably in public accounting environment.
- Multi discipline skillset proactive in cross discipline learning (of self and others)
- Client service oriented with excellent client management skills
- Business risk aware and understanding of risk management framework
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent written and oral communication as well as presentation skills.
- Excellent people management skills, capable of managing an experienced team of senior technicians[IR1] , and generally motivating and coaching all team members
- Lead role in building relationships, influencing and communicating at all levels and across disciplines
- Able to disseminate information, both technical and client related, to other team members to increase awareness
- Self-motivated, well organised and a good planner
What you will get in return:
- A genuinely unique opportunity to be part of an expanding large global business
- Exposure to all aspects of the business, cross-jurisdiction and to working with senior management directly
- A real opportunity to progress to a Director level role in coming couple of years.
We are an equal opportunity employer and ensure that no applicant is subject to less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, gender identity, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, socio-economic, responsibilities for dependants, physical or mental disability. Any hiring decision are made based on skills, qualifications and experiences.
We measure our success as a business, not only by delivering great products and services and continually increasing our assets under administration and market share, but also by how we positively impact people, society and the planet.