Exciting role leading on-highway electrification VPI programs, Opportunity to make your mark and lead creativity and innovation, A great, diverse and inclusive environment where you can grow your career.
About the role
A new exciting customer and product focused position has become available in our engineering department for an innovative and experienced engineer to join our close-knit team.
The successful candidate would work as the senior technical liaison for New Power Projects with OEMs and end users in the South Pacific region.
New Power projects will initially include electric and fuel cell technologies.
This dual customer/product focused role serves as a senior technical liaison between OEMs, end user customers and global Cummins Engineering teams. Applying Cummins New Power products and technologies to new OEM start up projects and working with regional teams to ensure the product can be supported and maintained when in service.
You will also work closely with global engineering teams, global and local marketing and sales teams, end user customers VPI teams.
- Exciting, fast-paced role leading Customer Engineering swim lane for on-highway electrification VPI programs
- Technical voice of customer inputs to electrification VPI teams
- Support cross-functional teams to coordinate duty cycle analysis, battery & powertrain simulation work, and component fit checks
- Work cross-BU with the extended Customer Engineering function to manage the development of Customer Engineering deliverables, including documentation and tools, to enable customer integration activities
- Previous knowledge of and experience with vehicle electrification is desired
- Previous experience with direct automotive OEM customer interface is desired
- Experience with Customer Engineering VPI processes & tools is desired
Whats in it for you
- Flexibility to balance career and family
- Exposure to cross functions across the region
- Ability to make your mark and drive creativity and innovation
- A wide scope of exposure in the business and ability to build on your skillset
- Diverse and inclusive environment where you can grow your career
- Be part of an industry leading, global organization
- Prior Senior Engineer experience in a relevant discipline, e.g. Mechanical Engineering, Electrical /Electronic Engineering, Mechatronics.
- Experience with development and implementations of new products
- Machine integration and optimization
- Solutions focus and strategic mindset
- Ability to develop effective working relationships with all people and influence people with a strong customer centric attitude
- Effective written and verbal communication
Cummins Inc., a global technology leader, is a corporation of complementary business segments that designs, manufactures, distributes and services a broad portfolio of power solutions. The companys products range from diesel and natural gas engines to hybrid and electric platforms, as well as related technologies, including transmissions, battery systems, fuel systems, controls, air handling, filtration, emission solutions, and power generation systems. Headquartered in Columbus, Indiana (U.S.), since its founding in 1919, Cummins employs approximately 62,600 people in approximately 190 countries and territories. See how Cummins is powering a world thats Always On by accessing news releases and more information at https://www.cummins.com/always-on. Follow Cummins on Twitter at www.twitter.com/cummins and on YouTube at www.youtube.com/cumminsinc.
How to apply
Your opportunity to set yourself up for success starts right here!
Submit your application online today!
ated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, colour, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law.