Business Manager 0.5 FTE, 20hrs/week, 6 months Max Term opportunity at VMIA.
VMIA is the Victorian Governments insurer and risk adviser, covering the people, places and projects that help Victorians thrive. From iconic cultural institutions, major infrastructure, public schools and hospitals, to emergency services and not for profits, our clients are diverse but united in their ambition to make a positive impact in our community. We share this ambition.
We have an exciting opportunity in the role of Business Manager who is passionate about creating operational efficiencies.
Youll work with the Enterprise Risk Advisory team to develop a suite of frameworks, resources and operating procedures which will support the delivery of high-quality services to our clients and assist us in achieving our Strategy 2024 objectives.
The position requires a strong leader and team player with outstanding stakeholder management skills and demonstrated experience in building and maintaining strong and effective internal and external relationships.
Drawing on your highly developed interpersonal, influencing along with strong analytical skills, you use this experience to collaborate with the members of the Enterprise Risk Advisory team to review existing operational frameworks, tools and processes, identify gaps and opportunities for improvement and develop required operating artefacts, systems and methodologies.
As a hands-on position you will require an excellent knowledge and understanding of operational frameworks, operating procedures and practices, strong experience co-designing, developing and implementing these frameworks and procedures.
The role reports to the Head of Enterprise Risk Advisory.
What were looking for
- Tertiary qualification (or equivalent) in Business Management, Business Analysis or a related field.
- 5 + years experience in business management/operations support role, ideally in a professional services organisation.
- Strong analytical expertise and ability to collect and analyse information, problem-solve and make informed decisions.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills, including an ability to communicate, cooperate and build relationships with a range of stakeholders in the delivery of strategic projects.
- Extensive project management experience and proficiency in software tools to achieve outcomes.
We encourage people from all gender identities, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultures, with disabilities, and from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Why work with us
Were known for our incredible culture and sense of community and an employee value proposition that makes our people proud.
We reward innovation, best practice thinking and collaboration. We are industry leaders in our diversity and inclusion work, are passionate about gender equality, and encourage and enable our people to bring their whole selves to work.
We were leaders in working flexibly even before COVID-19, and now operate successfully remotely, with a suite of events and activities to connect us even when were apart. In the future well continue to work from where it makes sense to do so, in flexible working arrangements that works best for our people and our clients.
We offer programs, subsidies and leave options to support the wellbeing of our people as a top priority.
We invest in our people, ensuring your development and career growth is a priority.
How to apply
If youd like to help make Victoria an even better place to live, wed love to hear from you.
- attach your resume
- attach a cover letter addressing the key requirements in the What were looking for section of this ad, and your suitability for this role (no more than one page)
Applications close on Sunday 4th October 2020.