Attractive hourly rate + overtime, Ultra modern equipment and facilities, Industry leader in maintenance and certification.
Border Crane Consultants is a specialist in the sales, installation, scheduled maintenance and certification of cranes, vehicle loading systems and high risk plant and machinery.
We currently have available a full-time position for either:
- Mechanical Fitter
- Mechanic (Light or Heavy)
- Hydraulics Specialist
- Fitter and Turner
- Field Service Technician
- Auto Electrician
Based out of our Baranduda workshop, the successful applicant must be able to work within a dynamic team and will be required to work within their specialist qualified field and perform various maintenance activities, repairs, electrical, hydraulics, welding, and fabrication tasks.
This position will suit someone who has sound mechanical aptitude and a passion for electrical, general fabrication and mechanical repairs. Due to the nature of the business, the position involves some travel to locations throughout NSW, VIC and QLD via the companies rotational roster. All transport, accommodation and meals are paid by the company whilst working away. Ample overtime is available whilst working away.
- Major maintenance and equipment refurbishing
- A good understanding of hydraulic and electrical principles
- Sound understanding of fabrication and welding processes
- Ability to diagnose faults, generate and implement solutions
- Maintain accurate service records
- Ensure work areas, tools and equipment are maintained in a clean, tidy and safe condition
- Off-site scheduled maintenance, breakdowns and repairs
- Working a reasonable amount of overtime or staying over at the expense of the company, if required, to meet the needs of our company and satisfy clients
- Perform all activities in a safe manner and in accordance with Federal and State laws and company guidelines
SKILLS / COMPETENCIES:
- Strong communication skills
- Excellent problem solver
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Must be responsive and flexible
- Work unsupervised and as part of a team
- Ability to prioritise to meet objectives
- Self-motivated, proactive and enthusiastic
- Relevant trade qualification
- Current drivers licence
- Previous experience in a similar role or industry
- Inspection and quality control experience
- Crane OEM training an advantage
- HC/HR licence
- Crane and Forklift licence
- Working at heights
- Test and tag
If you enjoy all things mechanical and have a desire to strive in a fast paced specialist industry, we would love to hear from you today!
An attractive hourly rate is on offer to the right candidate and is negotiable dependent upon skills and experience.
Position description is available upon request.
Applications close Sunday 11th October 2020.
*Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
**Applicants must be Australian residents (international applications are not accepted).
***Successful applicants must undergo full medical and drug and alcohol testing.