Place Design Group has a 12 month maternity leave contract available for a bilingual (Mandarin) Project & Reporting Accountant to join our team based in our Brisbane head office, this role heavily liaises with our China offices so Mandarin is essential.
If you have experience as an Accountant within a project based industry, are an excellent communicator and have a flare for creating visual data reports and project financial analysis, then this is the role for you!
WHO WE ARE
Place Design Group is a leader in planning and design with a reputation for delivering creative solutions that are commercially focused, diverse in character and aesthetics, and unique to site.
Australian owned and managed, our teams throughout Australia, China and South East Asia are dedicated to creating great places through service excellence, inspired leadership, and innovation.
Our people make the difference, and we pride ourselves on a diverse, authentic and innovative culture that allows our teams to grow and progress thorough a challenging, collaborative and supportive team environment.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Group Project and Reporting Accountant role is dedicated to supporting the CFO, CEO & Principals with timely and accurate business information to aid decision making. The role will support the business via reporting, on two levels, controlling the management reporting functions of the business at group, country and team levels, and supporting our Planning and Design teams with project and KPI reporting.
This role will work under the direction of the CFO, and play an integral role in providing information and support to internal stakeholders, so the successful candidate should be confident and will require excellent communication and interpersonal skills. They will also have a commitment to high standards of execution and evaluation as well as managing the role in a professional and efficient manner.
Your duties will include:
- Produce group, country and team management reports
- Liaise with finance team and office principals in China
- Provide variance analysis on revenue and costs
- Maintain balance sheet recs
- Maintain project budgets reflecting the project structure and contract
- Manage project invoicing with project administrators
- Manage monthly revenue recognition in accordance with company policy and Accounting standards
- Provide weekly productivity and effort vs projection reports
- Provide monthly submission reporting
- Provide business development reporting
- Manage revenue and cost forecasting
- Maintain accurate WIP
- Manage monthly subconsultant and project expense accruals
- Design and prepare reports based on project key performance indicators
- Resolve financial problems concerning contracts and project budgets
- Review project set ups and costing spreadsheets for tenders
Essential Experience / Attributes:
- Experience within a project based industry
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience producing management reports
- Experience with project financial management / revenue recognition
- Advanced Excel skills / Creating visual reports / Dashboards
- Experience with SQL or Microsoft query
- Experience with BST or similar project management program
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Ability to work under pressure and multi-task
- Excellent attention to detail
- Landscape Architecture or Architectural Industry experience
Note: remuneration will be commensurate with the candidates experience and potential contribution to the company.
To apply please send your cover letter and CV .