At Newmont, our purpose is to create value and improve lives through sustainable and responsible mining. One of the largest gold companies in the world, we pride ourselves on our dedication to safety, environmental management, inclusion and diversity, and adding value and opportunity to our host communities.
Newmont Tanami is on Aboriginal freehold land 540km northwest of Alice Springs. It is a long-life, low-cost, world-class asset in a core Newmont region. The Tanami Expansion 2 project, aims to extend the mine life beyond 2040, investing in a hoisting shaft which will increase the production of the underground mine from 2.6 Mtpa to 3.2 Mtpa. Both the successful exploration within the underground operation and implementation of the first Tanami Expansion has laid the foundation to further develop the operation to remain a major contributor to the Newmont portfolio. A fully equipped 800 bed camp is located at the Granites processing site offering modern leisure facilities for those flying in from Perth, Brisbane, Alice Springs or Darwin.
Reporting to the Mechanical Supervisor, the Maintenance Technician is responsible for performing trade maintenance and tasks for all processing plant fixed plant infrastructure and equipment as directed.
The role is based in Tanami and offers an 8/6 FIFO roster from Perth, Brisbane,Darwin & Alice Springs ONLY.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Carry out routine maintenance of the equipment to the required standard of performance and safety;
- Ensuring all work is completed in a timely manner, thus minimising down time of the equipment;
- Work orders completed in a timely manner to the standards set by the maintenance supervisor;
- Meeting company maintenance and production objectives by ensuring all installation and maintenance work is carried out to relevant Australian standards and regulations;
- Ensures the workshop and yard are kept tidy and that the plant site is left tidy after any work is carried out;
- Carries other duties that may be reasonably required; and
- Participate in safety and communication meetings.
- Relevant trade qualification.
- Dual Trade qualification preferred but not essential.
- 3 years experience in the mining industry
- Experience with maintaining processing plant equipment
- Maintenance and fault finding skills.
- Strong organisational skills.
- Current Australian drivers license.
- High level of self-motivation.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Ability to analyse a task and understand safety and job requirements.
Our business success comes from the accomplishments and well-being of our employees and contractors. Our goal is to build a workplace culture that allows every person to thrive, participate, grow, and proudly play an active role in achieving our strategy.
Newmont is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, placing and promoting the best individual for each position without regard to personal characteristics such as gender, race, nationality, ethnicity, social and indigenous origin, religion or belief, disability, age, sexual orientation, etc.
We invite women and applicants with diverse backgrounds to apply, particularly persons of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Island descent. Newmont acknowledges Aboriginal people as the first Australians and respects their unique relationship with the land and sea, their culture, spiritual tradition and stories.
Note: Newmontdoes not ask individuals to pay money to apply or be considered for employment or to provide sensitive personal data without first submitting a job application through our secure, online portal.