6 month contract role, Glenfield location/ possible working from home arrangements, Award winning, progressive and innovative aged and community care provider.
Whiddon is an award winning, not for profit organisation that has been caring for older Australians in NSW for 70 years. As an organisation that operates in regional, rural and remote NSW and QLD, we are often at the heart of our local communities both as an employer and provider of aged care services.
At Whiddon we are here to support our clients and residents to ensure a better quality of life, health and wellbeing. Going beyond in the way we care for and connect with clients, residents, team members, families and communities is what makes us unique.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Our Support Services team, located in Glenfield is currently in search of a Payroll Officer to join their team on a 6 month contract, if you have a passion for making a difference, we would love to hear from you.
- Provision of payroll services and staff remuneration;
- Provision of Human Resource related tasks including, Criminal Record Checks, qualifications and training;
- Assist in report creation and development;
- Assist with the provision of Payroll systems training;
- Ensuring tasks are completed in accordance with procedural requirements;
- Ensuring data entry integrity is maintained;
- Participating in continuous improvement projects;
- Provide assistance and support to facilities regarding payroll related matters;
- Providing assistance and support to facilities regarding the PayGlobal system and ensuring any issues are resolved in a timely manner;
- Accurate and timely process of payroll;
- Communicate professionally and efficiently to payroll related queries from employees and management alike.
- Use the payroll system to ensuring that PAYG payments are made within legislative timeframes;
- Accurate and timely processing and payment of employee superannuation payment and deductions;
- Communicate and report to management regarding fortnightly payroll trends and exceptions;
- Monthly payroll reports to be provided to Finance within two days of the last pay run for the month;
- Providing analysis with regards to month end accounting variances.
WHAT WE LOOK FOR
To be considered for this position, the successful applicant will have:
- Certificate IV in Business Administration, payroll administration or similar.
- At leave three (3) years demonstrated experience working in a similar role.
- Advanced skills in payroll computer systems, including time and attendance system.
- Attention to detail and an ability to meet deadlines.
- Commitment to continual learning and employee development.
- Demonstrated Payroll knowledge and experience.
- Problem solving skills.
- Ability to interpret relevant workplace agreements and legislation.
- Ability to train others in payroll practices and procedures.
- Intermediate to advanced Excel skills.
- Ability to create procedures.
- While experience working in the aged and community care industry is desirable, it is not essential.
- The right to work in Australia.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply for this position, please submit a copy of your resume and cover letter addressing the above criteria.
Whiddon does not accept any recruiter or supplier default charges unless under a Whiddon agreement for services.
In accordance with government requirements, all employees joining Whiddon are required to have the influenza vaccination. Some exemptions apply based on specific medical grounds.
The successful applicant/s will be required to undertake a criminal record check in accordance with the Aged Care Act 1997.
Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible as applications may be reviewed prior to the closing date; and as such the closing date is subject to change without notice.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted