permitted work industry, full time/permanent opportunity with immediate start, import/export, logistics administration role.
Seeking a passionate and professional Logistics Administration /Customer Service Officer to support the team with the day to day admin of import operations, customer order fulfilment functions and associated processes/procedures and supply a first-class service, both internally, to all areas of the business, and externally to customers and suppliers.
In this role, you will be responsible for answering calls, assisting with stock inventory, liaising with suppliers and vendors, ordering office stationery and general administrative tasks.
You will be responsible for providing all round support to the team.
- Customer service and enquiries
- Manages all import documentation and work with custom brokers to ensure to resolve all container clearance issues
- Coordination of logistics
- Drafting emails and letters
- Maintaining documentation
- Preparing brochures, labels, pamphlets
- Data entry and bookkeeping
- Create and approve invoices, credit notes and rebates
- Create/maintain inventory codes and pricing structures
- Identify excess and slow-moving stock lines.
- Review stock levels and provide recommendations on re-order requirements
- Provide improvement suggestions for analytical data
- Liaise with customer and broker when required
- Perform inventory adjustments and maintain records as required.
- Manage overstock and customer complaint returns to perform the required sort and paperwork.
- Miscellaneous administration duties/tasks as required by supervisor
WHAT YOU WILL NEED TO SUCCEED
- Good command in English (Verbal & Written)
- Chinese and/or Japanese language skills (preferred but not essential)
- Knowledge in global logistics, import/export and/or supply chain management (preferred but not essential)
- Significant customer service experience
- Comfortable performing flexible tasks with a high level of accuracy
- Systematic approach to work with an eye for detail
- Ability to follow directions closely and take initiative where required.
- Ability to work both as part of a team & as an individual
- Excellent Computer skills, including advanced MS excel skills
- Good interpersonal skills with proactive working attitude
- Have a valid driver's license and own transportation (preferred)
ABOUT OUR CLIENT
Our Client is a wholly Australian owned and run business with over 30 years in the food industry.
Their early focus was on core Asian food products and over time many of their brands have become veritable staples within Australia's Asian communities. As the market has evolved they have continually expanded and developed their product lines to meet the needs of consumers.
Today, our client specialises in the innovation, manufacture and distribution of frozen foods, with a focus on premium finger food and seafood.
Their customers include supermarkets, grocery stores, restaurants, casinos, caterers, airlines and seafood retailers throughout Australia.
The Head Office and distribution centre is located in Springvale in Melbourne's South East with capacity to store over 300 frozen pallets. They are HACCP Accredited and the warehouse operates as an AQIS Approved Premises.
This role is based in Springvale in Melbourne's South East.
*Own transportation is preferred.
8:30am to 5:30pm, Monday to Friday
This role starts from October to November 2020 (ideally)
HOW TO APPLY
To express your interest please use the APPLY NOW function on the page or for more information contact Career Meister through.
Otherwise, please check our website and find out more information;
If you have been successfully shortlisted we will contact you within due course.
Career Meister, an independently-owned and operated recruitment specialist, has successfully operated in Melbourne providing clients with professionals since February 2015.
Our experienced recruitment experts provide an exceptional level of service and care for our clients and candidates both in Japanese and English to connect outstanding talent with businesses throughout Victoria, Australia.