About the business
Formed in 1992 following the amalgamation of three smaller community employment organisations, and then expanded with the merger of Continuing Education Bendigo in 2014 and Our Shed in 2015, Access Australia Group (AAG) has grown to what is today a large and diverse not-for-profit, community-based organisation. AAG is a registered public benevolent institution. As an internationally accredited organisation, the continuing focus of operations is to provide superior customer service and be an employer of choice. AAG operates five key divisions undertaking a range of operations:
- Employment Services
- Registered Training Organisation, Access Skills Training
- Social Enterprises including PepperGreen Farm, PepperGreen Farm Catering and Access Employment Enterprises
- Social Inclusion including Access Creative Studios
- Corporate Services.
About the role
PepperGreen Farm (the Farm) is a five-acre property situated in North Bendigo, approximately three kilometres from the central business district. The property is managed by AAG and is utilised as a Social Enterprise to provide skills development, training and employment opportunities for volunteers and people living with disability and disadvantage.
PepperGreen Farm provides tourist attractions and experiences, school and community workshops, a retail store, artisan studios, fresh produce, farm kitchen and biodiversity and environmentally sustainable projects.
Under direction from the Manager - PepperGreen Farm and Catering, the Supervisor - Horticulture will oversee the daily activities of the horticulture program at PepperGreen Farm. This role provides on-the-job training, support and supervision to Supported Employees with a disability.
Benefits and perks
Skills and experience
KEY SELECTION CRITERIA
- A Certificate II or higher qualification in Horticulture or other relevant qualification.
- Knowledge and experience in horticulture, including seasonal production, maintenance and harvesting of food crops.
- Demonstrated ability to work with people who experience a broad range of disability types and require varying support needs.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills including well-developed written and verbal skills.
- Ability to undertake manual labour associated with landscaping and garden maintenance.
- Capacity to work outdoors in varying climatic conditions.
- Proven capability to manage time and workload effectively to achieve business priorities in a dynamic environment.
- Demonstrated commitment, alignment and role modelling of AAG's values.
- A Certificate IV in Disability Services.
Applicants must address the Key Selection Criteria to be considered for interview.
Applications addressing the Key Selection Criteria are to be forwarded by 4.00pm on Friday 9 October 2020 by one of the following means:
PO Box 276, Bendigo Central VIC 3552
18 - 20 St Andrews Avenue, Bendigo
Access Australia Group Limited is an equal opportunity employer and strongly encourages Aboriginal, Culturally Diverse community members and people with disability to apply for this position,