ANU Sport is an independent incorporated association that delivers sport, fitness and recreation services and opportunities to the ANU Community. ANU Sport is an UniSport Australia member institution and the ANU is a member of the Group of 8, Australias 8 leading universities.
Our goal here at ANU Sport is to enhance and grow the opportunities for the ANU community to engage in sport, fitness and recreation, promoting well-being and balanced lifestyles. As one team, we deliver for over 3,000 members, catering for performance through to participation with an emphasis on experience, excellence and diversity.
ANU Sport is responsible for the operation and management of the ANU Sport Fitness Centre and all ANU Sport facilities, along with supporting 34 sporting clubs and delivering social and competitive sporting programs.
About the role:
The Marketing and Events Coordinator is an important role within the team at ANU Sport, responsible for the development and implementation of the organisations marketing and communications operations as well as the delivery of key organisational events including the project management of orientation week. In this role you will help drive innovative marketing and communications campaigns to support the growth of the organisation and promote its place within the burgeoning University Sport sector.
This position will report to the Sport Manager and will work closely with all areas of the organisation to effectively facilitate all marketing and communication strategies across the organisation. This will include contributing to the development of marketing and communication strategies, successful delivery of all marketing and communication campaigns, and oversight of the Digital Content Officer workflow.
ANU Sport host a variety of events throughout the year and this position will play a vital role in the project management of these events. It will be the responsibility of this position to lead the operational planning and delivery of the ANU Sport Orientation Week activities, and activities in the weeks prior and post to increase the engagement with the ANU Community. Organisation and delivery of additional events such as the Blues Awards, Club Forums, and other member events will be also be the responsible of this position.
University sport is a dynamic and fast-growing sector. The place of university sport in the broader Australian sporting landscape is quickly growing and UniSport is undergoing exciting change to help facilitate the delivery of high quality and competitive sporting offerings and opportunities for students.
Key responsibilities include:
- Provide strategic input to the Sport Manager to develop marketing and communication strategies, and the event delivery strategies of ANU Sport.
- Provide oversight and support to the Digital Content Officer (part-time) to enable the successful delivery of all digital content.
- Budget management of marketing, communication and events income and expenditure with regular reporting to the Sport Manager.
- In consultation with the Sport Manager, develop and implement organisation wide marketing and communications plans.
- Develop evidence-based campaigns, capturing and analysing relevant data and information.
- Lead the development and ongoing supervision of digital content production and publication through ANU Sport Website, Social Media and member communications.
- Further develop the ANU Sport digital presence to build better engagement with the ANU community.
- Coordinator the design and creation of engaging marketing and communication content.
- Project management - develop and deliver projects and events that drive engagement with the ANU Community including orientation weeks and bush week.
- Establish and grow partnerships with communications stakeholders, such as ANU marketing and other ANU departments and student associations, to grow the brand and profile of ANU Sport.
- Coordinate strategic and sensitive communications with stakeholders, including copy writing.
- Regular reporting to the Sport Manager.
- Other duties to support the ANU Sport as directed by the Sport Manager.
Our ideal candidate is high energy and passionate about sport, physical activity and further developing health and wellbeing in the ANU and broader community. You are someone who wants to work with good people and make a difference. You have experience in marketing, communication and events and a desire to bring that knowledge to bear on a new challenge.
The successful candidate will have professional experience and the capacity to demonstrate their ability to coordinate strategic communications and marketing plans.
- Experience implementing strategic marketing and communication plans, with the capacity to demonstrate results
- Technical understanding of, and ability to work with digital and print media
- Content Management Systems (our website currently operates on Drupal)
- Social media platforms
- Content management
- Copy writing and strategic communications
- Event delivery experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven capacity to manage multiple responsibilities
- Proven capacity to problem solve and think critically
- Proven ability to develop ideas in a creative and effective manner
- Proven capacity to work effectively with a diverse range of stakeholders
- Willingness to learn, show initiative and exercise judgement
- Eligible to work in Australia.
- Photography capabilities
- Ability to develop and create engaging print and digital content
- Videography and video editing capabilities
At ANU Sport we have a strong focus on bringing out the best in people, both our students and our staff. This is reflected in our commitment to professional development and a core belief that supporting staff to grow in their role benefits the entire organisation.
We pride ourselves on our culture of respect, integrity, commitment, team work and innovation. Through these we deliver for our community.
Do you want to join a dynamic and vibrant team, with a shared focus of delivering great opportunities for our students and the wider community Do you believe in the greater benefits of leading an active lifestyle This could be the role for you.
How to Apply
Please submit a current CV and covering letter no more than two pages, addressing the selection no later than 11:59pm, Sunday 11 October 2020. Please include the title of the role in the subject line of your email application.