ANU Sport is an independent incorporated association that delivers sport, fitness and recreation services and opportunities to the ANU Community. ANU Sport is a UniSport member institution and the ANU is a member of the Group of 8, Australias 8 leading universities.
Our goal here at ANU Sport is to enhance and grow the opportunities for the ANU community to engage in sport, fitness and recreation, promoting well-being and balanced lifestyles. As one team, we deliver for over 3,000 members, catering for performance through to participation with an emphasis on experience, excellence and diversity.
ANU Sport is responsible for the operation and management of the ANU Sport Fitness Centre and all ANU Sport facilities, along with supporting 34 sporting clubs and delivering social and competitive sporting programs.
About the role:
With a team of 15 full time staff and over 50 casual staff (predominantly students), the role of Office Administrator is key in enabling the organisation to function efficiently.
Key responsibilities include:
- Provide executive support to the Chief Executive Officer.
- Co-ordinate the day to day organisation and running of the ANU Sport office, including managing office supplies, maintaining filing systems and managing correspondence.
- Manage internal communications.
- Management of an external IT provider.
- Preparation of reports for management and for the Board.
- Provide secretariat support to the Board and sub-committees, including preparation and coordination of meeting papers and drafting of standing item reports.
- Co-ordinate organisational meetings, including assisting in the preparation of documents, minute taking and liaising with relevant stakeholders internal and external.
- Develop and implement office and HR policies and procedures that accord with organisational values and current legislative requirements.
- Take the lead in maintaining the organisations management of records, policy and procedural framework, and governance and office protocols.
- Assist with the management of the Associations contracts and agreements.
- Assist with the management of HR administration.
- Management of all merchandise and uniforms.
- Provide input into overall management of ANU Sports activities.
- Perform other duties as directed.
The Office Administrator will report to the Chief Executive Officer and will work closely with all members of the Senior Leadership Team.
Our ideal candidate is an experienced Office Administrator with a passion for sport. You are someone who wants to work with good people and make a difference. You have a desire to bring your administration knowledge to bear on a new challenge.
You will have:
- secretariat support experience;
- excellent knowledge of MS Office Suite of products including Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint;
- demonstrated capability of proof reading as well as experience in operational policy, procedure and report writing would be considered an advantage;
- excellent interpersonal and communication skills as well as highly developed report writing;
- demonstrated effective analytical, problem solving and investigative skills;
- Above-average time management skills and ability to respond promptly and effectively to customer and stakeholder requests;
- proven capacity to manage multiple responsibilities in a work environment that covers a wide variety of issues and can be fast-paced;
- proven ability to effectively co-ordinate the efforts of others;
- proven capacity to work effectively and harmoniously with a diverse range of people and associated interests;
- willingness to learn, implement positive change and to exercise judgement and initiative;
- eligibility to work in Australia.
At ANU Sport we have a strong focus on bringing out the best in people, both our members and our staff. This is reflected in our commitment to professional development and a core belief that supporting staff to grow in their role benefits the entire organisation.
We pride ourselves on our culture of respect, integrity, commitment, team work and innovation. Through these we deliver for our community.
Do you want to join a dynamic and vibrant team, with a shared focus of delivering great opportunities for our students and the wider community Do you believe in the greater benefits of leading an active lifestyle This could be the role for you.
How to Apply
no later than 11:59pm, Sunday 11 October 2020. Please include the title of the role in the subject line of your email application.