Full Time Permanent positions based at multiple locations across Bayside area, Lead a crew keeping Bayside pristine and presentable, $60,912.43 to $68,222.03 per annum ($30.72 to $34.41 per hour) plus 9.5% super.
At Bayside Council, we are committed to a positive, flexible and supportive workplace culture, where our people and customers feel respected and valued. We are proud to serve our community through operating with transparency, integrity and in the best interests of the Bayside community to deliver exceptional service.
Purpose of the role
The City Presentation directorate ensures that our area is presented in an aesthetically pleasing manner, that is clean, enjoyable to live in and instils pride in our community.
The ideal candidate will act as the face of Council to the general public leading multidisciplinary teams to deliver essential services in the area of planned and reactive activities to maintain the quality of Councils parks and open space areas.
If you love the freedom of being outdoors and have a passion for open space & horticulture and enjoy being fit and working in a team then this is an opportunity for you. You will provide services to a diverse community, surrounded by beautiful green parks and expansive open space areas.
This role is responsible for leading a small crew of professionals in all aspects of Horticulture Maintenance, ensuring that all allocated work and/or programs are met within a timely manner.
Duties will involve:
- Maintaining preservation of Councils parks, trees, open space and related assets
- Carrying out works in response to the effects of extreme weather conditions, storms and natural disasters
- Delivering essential services across Council including; but not limited to Turf Maintenance, Landscape Maintenance, Tractor Operation and traffic management activities.
- Trade certificate or equivalent tertiary qualification (Cert III) and/or relevant experience
- Current Drivers License Class C
- A willingness to obtain an MR class drivers licence
- A Safe Work NSW White card (General construction induction card)
What can we offer you
As an employer, Bayside Council offers a flexible and family-friendly working environment supported by a generous and tangible reward and recognition program with ongoing training and development opportunities.
On top of a competitive salary, our people enjoy:
- A Rostered Day Off every fortnight.
- 3 extra days off during Christmas each year
- 15 days sick leave each year.
- 2 days health and wellbeing leave from your sick leave balance each year.
- Additional parental leave entitlements for both parents.
Your application should include an up-to-date resume (max 3 pages) and a covering letter (max 2 pages), outlining how your skills and experience meet the focus competencies, key accountabilities and challenges of the role and how you espouse Bayside Council values.
Closing Date: Monday, 12 October 2020
Salary Range: $60,912.43 to $68,222.03 ($30.72 to $34.41 p/h) per annum plus 9.5% superannuation
Bayside Council is an equal opportunity employer committed to an equitable, diverse and socially inclusive work environment.