Full Time Permanent opportunity within Bexley and surrounds, Variety of work on projects across many different areas of Council, Opportunity to lead a team of arborists to beautify the Bayside Council area.
At Bayside Council, we are committed to a positive, flexible and supportive workplace culture, where our people and customers feel respected and valued. We are proud to serve our community through operating with transparency, integrity and in the best interests of the Bayside community to deliver exceptional service.
Purpose of the role
The City Presentation directorate ensures that our area is presented in an aesthetically pleasing manner, that is clean, enjoyable to live in and instils pride in our community.
The role is responsible for the planning, allocation, supervision, monitoring and completion of a program of works for tree assets including Arboricultural and related traffic management services.
Within the area of responsibility, this role is required to:
- Supervise and guide the team and provide adequate resources to deliver the maintenance program.
- Conduct daily worksite inspections to monitor and ensure delivery of works in line with maintenance schedules and timeframes and compliance requirements.
- Acting safely and effectively in response to the effects of inclement weather conditions, storms and natural disasters
- Delivering a range of services given set timeframes, limited resources and competing priorities, and the need to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements and protection of our natural environment from harm.
- Diploma in Urban Horticulture and/or Arboriculture Certificate III.
- Equivalent experience in a relevant field.
- A SafeWork NSW White Card (General Construction Induction card).
- Current First Aid Certificate relevant to the role.
- Current Drivers Licence Class C or MR with experience towing a chipper.
- Statement of Attainment in Chainsaw Operations as required.
- Appropriate traffic control licence as required.
What can we offer you
As an employer, Bayside Council offers a flexible and family-friendly working environment supported by a generous and tangible reward and recognition program with ongoing training and development opportunities.
Prior to commencing your application a job description can be obtained from Council website at www.bayside.nsw.gov.au.
Your application should include an up-to-date resume (max 5 pages) and a covering letter (max 3 pages), outlining how your skills and experience are relevant to the position and meet the focus competencies, key accountabilities and key challenges of the role.
Closing Date: Monday, 12 October 2020
Salary Range: From $72,817.17 to $81,555.19 (gross) per annum plus 9.5% superannuation
Bayside Council is an equal opportunity employer committed to an equitable, diverse and socially inclusive work environment.