Senior Carpenter / Team Leader
Unique Style Homes is a small custom home builder based in the Illawarra. We cater to individual customer needs in design, style and service and have an outstanding reputation in our region.
We also own Panelup Systems an offsite manufacturing factory specialising in prefabricated and modular homes.
Unique Style Homes is at an exceptionally exciting time in its evolution having recently been featured in Daily Telegraph, Illawarra Mercury and many other media outlets for delivering outstanding projects using their own Panelup Prefabricated Construction System.
We have a unique opportunity for a Senior Carpenter / Team leader that is passionate about offsite manufacturing, to join our dynamic company with a supportive culture. You will have the opportunity to work on a wide variety of projects ranging from single and double storey custom designed homes, duplex and multi dwellings, second storey additions and modular dwellings.
We are seeking a senior Carpenter with an immediate start for the right person. If you believe that you have carpentry knowledge, perfect organisational and leadership skills, seeking full time employment with exceptionally organised and fully systemised company then we would like to hear from you. Company tools & petrol will be provided.
A vital member in the carpentry field team, your key responsibilities will include (but are not limited to):
- Prepare two-week schedules in advance
- Issue daily tasks to all team members
- Perform Quality Assurance
- Prepare and issue defect lists
- Prepare and issue Purchase Orders
- Teach apprentices and other members
- Liaise with Site Supervisor on daily basis
- Transport company tools to each project
- Overseeing the delivery of all projects and manage variations
- Continually reviewing and improving on the delivery of carpentry outcomes with a focus on improving efficiency
- Leading Carpentry team, providing mentoring, support, and motivation with a focus on great culture and quality workmanship outcome.
- Attend Project Control group meetings (PCG) with other company leaders.
To be considered for the role you must have:
- At least 10 years carpentry experience in house additions, new homes and multi dwelling projects with proven experience of managing various carpentry projects, either as your own boss or working for others.
- Relevant qualifications in Construction Management or leadership including Certificate 3 in Carpentry.
- Proficient in carpentry material estimating.
- Ability to liaise and deal with client, suppliers, and subcontractors
- Perfect knowledge of BCA / NCC and general construction methods
- Highly competent in reading and interpreting drawings and specifications
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to execute multiple tasks simultaneously and to a deadline
- Strong attention to detail, and must be able to work both solo, and in a team environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Responsible and punctual
- Pro-active attitude/approach to production and budget
- Self-motivated, ambitious, and proactive with a desire for an ongoing professional development
- Have Valid Driver's License
- Live in the Illawarra region
- Physically fit for this position
The successful candidate will receive a salary in line with experience and qualifications. On offer is a fun, supportive culture with an industry leader, exciting premium quality developments, inspiring leadership and a real opportunity for growth and reward.
Our office, factory and most projects are in the Illawarra, however some projects will require up to 1 hr travelling.
*Strictly No agents. Please note due to the large number of applications, only those applicants shortlisted for the role will be contacted.