Multiple roles: telecommunications engineers & technicians, Leading supplier of telecoms services to West Australian oil & gas industry, 12 month with potential for long term work.
Walker Newman and Associates Pty Ltd (www.wna.com.au) provide communications engineering and maintenance services to a number of clients in the oil & gas and mining sectors. We are positioning ourselves for expansion in 2021. We request expressions of interest from high calibre engineers and technicians who might wish to join our team in the next 12 months.
Whilst it is an advantage to have oil & gas experience, it is not a strict requirement.
To be considered you must be an Australian citizen or permanent resident.
Brownfields & greenfields engineering projects: Studies, design, stakeholder engagement, project management (schedule, cost, risk, issues, quality, reporting, etc), management of change, documentation (drawings, workpacks, factory test procedures, maintenance procedures, etc), planning, procurement management, contractor management, permitting, commissioning, hand over to support. Perth and Queensland based roles with travel to site (onshore and offshore) as required.
Design, assembly, test, corrective maintenance, preventative maintenance, minor project works. You need to have the ability to arrange/manage your own work scopes. Perth and Queensland based roles with travel to site (onshore and offshore) as required.
Experience is required in some/all of the following.
- Radio systems (analog, DMR, TETRA) (VHF, UHF)
- Microwave radio
- Marine systems (radar, AIS/AtoN, VTS, GMDSS)
- Stabilised antenna systems
- IP networking (LAN, WAN, wireless)
- IT infrastructure (operating systems, virtualised environments)
- Cabling (copper, fibre, coax)
- Access Control, personnel location, mustering
- Entertainment, AV, collaboration systems
- Telecommunications power systems
- Network management systems
Education, Skills and Experience:
- Absolute commitment to safe working
- Team player
- Self starter/self managing/thinking/problem solving/organised/attention to detail
- Flexible, adaptable, fast learner
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent computer skills
- Minimum 5 years experience
- Bachelors degree in Engineering, Communications / IT or trades certificate (as appropriate for the role)
- Willing to go the extra mile as and when necessary
- SAP experience a must for the planning role, highly beneficial for engineering and technician roles
- Restricted Electrical License (WA/Qld) and EEHA qualifications desirable but not mandatory for the technician roles.
Employment will be subject to a medical (suitable for offshore work), police clearance and maritime security identity card clearance. [WNA will pay for these if necessary.]
- Resume, including work experience & qualifications
- Confirmation of your ability to work in Australia
- Current location
- Salary expectation