Great opportunity for a motivated Assistant Station Manager to make an impact, Based at Elton Downs, located 40 minutes from Hughenden, This is a new role, reporting to the Station Manager and the Owners.
Assistant Station Manager Full Time
An excellent opportunity for a motivated Assistant Station Manager to make an impact and drive production outcomes. Our client is a family owned agricultural enterprise that specialises in producing quality beef sustainably. This is your opportunity to play a pivotal role in being a part of their journey.
Based at Elton Downs, Stamford in QLD, located 40 minutes from Hughenden, you will be responsible for managing the 86,000 acre aggregation plus several agistment arrangements nearby in conjunction with the Station Manager who wishes to take a step back. While our client places considerable value on the importance of genetics, they also understand that the business of cattle and land is about balancing nutrition and grazing land management for a sustainable and long-term outcome.
There is a need for an enthusiastic, dedicated and self-motivated person to independently undertake the following aspects of the business:
- daily operations of the property in an efficient and cost-effective manner
- assisting in the management of livestock and ensuring livestock procedures are followed in an efficient and cost-effective manner
- be responsible for daily operational tasks associated with the Northern Aggregation including property maintenance and assisting with new project and farm infrastructure.
The range of required duties includes drafting cattle for sale ensuring they are fit to load, managing compliance record keeping taking into account LPA and NLIS requirements, general livestock husbandry, ensuring cattle nutritional requirements are met, water and property maintenance, weed management, fencing and infrastructure repairs, mustering, property maintenance, coordination of stock for sale and record keeping.
Working with our client provides the opportunity to:
- manage all aspects of this diverse cattle enterprise
- work with an entrepreneurial management team with a growth mindset
- work within a family owned business motivated by innovation and adoption of new technology who truly value their staff as a key investment
You will bring to this role:
- Experience in a similar station management role
- Experience with best practice cattle production and low stress stock handling
- Proven leadership, communication and management skills
- Ability to operate and maintain machinery, and
- Desire to improve enterprise productivity and profitability.
A competitive salary package will be provided. Single accommodation is included.
This is a new role, reporting to the Station Manager and the Owners.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Experience in a similar sized enterprise of at least 2 years
- 5 + years machinery and or farm maintenance
- Well-developed computer and IT skills[kk2]
- Livestock skills
- Management skills in HR, leadership, time management and communications
- Tertiary qualifications are well regarded
- Training with the Meat & Livestock Australia EDGE program https://www.mla.com.au/extension-training-and-tools/edgenetwork/ is well regarded
- Trade Qualified ie. Mechanic, Boilermaker, Builder, Electrician well regarded
What You Need To Do Now
While an immediate start is available, our client is happy to wait until later in the year for the right person!
Classic Recruitment & Human Resources is a boutique company specialising in human resource and recruitment solutions. Based in Toowoomba and working across regional, rural and metropolitan areas, we support candidates and clients to find the *right fit*.
- Equality | We embrace diversity. Like Classic, our clients are equal opportunity employers.
- Sincerity | We support clients and candidates to harness their strengths, providing honest advice and practical solutions.
- Encouragement | We support clients and candidates to be confident and to achieve their goals.
- Integrity | We inspire our clients and candidates to follow best practice and to do the *right thing*.
- Ageless We welcome applications from all age groups, ageism doesnt exist at Classic!
We welcome ongoing expressions of interest from job seekers. If you are looking for a role and dont feel this is the right one for you, click here to visit our website and register as a Classic candidate.