Cloud Accounting Practice, Close knit, family orientated work place and culture, Progression to supervisor.
A high end boutique accounting practice that has a varied and interesting client base which includes a range of national and international companies, a large number of high net worth clients, clients with complex structures (multiple companies, trusts, superfunds, individuals), SMSF admin and audit and audit. Their 2,000 clients cover a wide range of industries entertainment, construction, IT, banking, catering, medical, religious, farming, legal etc with no one area being dominant. The cultural makeup is as varied as the work they perform.
They undertake work and provide advice for partners in the top 4 firms.
Their team has direct client contact from being a junior, can manage all aspects of the work from call initial client contact and, where they have support staff, they also allow their accountants to supervise aspects across complete groups.
There is an opportunity for growth, promotion and wage increases.
They have low staff turnover, have a 38 hr week policy, a family friendly workplace and pay wages that are above industry standard.
The position available would suit a professionally qualified (CPA, CA) or even part qualified Senior Accountant who already has some supervisory responsibility in their current firm but wishes to take this a step closer in a professional nurturing and friendly / relaxed environment
Typical Job Responsibilities
- Preparation of financial accounts for Companies Partnerships and Trusts.
- Calculation of minimum pension payments for SMSFs.
- Coding of bank account transactions & adjusting journals.
- Experience managing outsourced finance team (Indonesia)
- Assist clients with the establishment of new SMSF, Trust or Company.
- Ability to liaise with clients Investment managers.
- Negotiating ATO payment arrangement on behalf of clients.
- Attending to ASIC matters and preparation of various forms.
- Calculation of Division 7A minimum repayments & interest.
- Ability to liaise with the Australian Taxation Office on behalf of clients.
- Ability to delegate work to appropriate levels of staff.
- Attend to clients TFN, ABN, GST, PAYGW application & registrations.
- Preparation of monthly and quarterly instalment activity statements (IAS) and business activity statements (BAS), PAYG Variation, FBT & Payroll Tax Schedules, Declaration of employment for work cover etc.
- Research on tax updates and other accounting standards.
Hamilton York is an independent Australian specialist financial recruitment practice. We are passionate about the talent we represent, partnering with Australias most prestigious and ambitious companies.