Exciting opportunity to make a difference in the WA berry industry, 2.5 year full time contract with immediate start, Be part of a project of state and national value.
The Agricultural Produce Commission (APC) Strawberry producers committee is seeking an Industry Development Officer to provide industry extension and development for the berry industry in Western Australia.
As part of a WA and national project you will focus on working with growers to improve and enhance the productivity, sustainability and profitability of the WA berry industry.
You will have recent and comprehensive knowledge and experience in the delivery of extension and education programs and workshops and be able to undertake and understand research and the research environment.
You will develop and maintain working and networking relationships with growers, farmer groups, extension specialists, private consultants, marketers and State and National related Government bodies and promote new technology and systems for the WA berry industries.
You will also monitor and prepare reports on policy, market technology and organisational changes affecting the profitability and sustainability of WA berry industries
You will need to have the following essential criteria:
- Bachelors degree in Horticulture or Agricultural Science or equivalent
- Sound knowledge of the agrifood industry, specific knowledge of the strawberry or berry industry will be well regarded.
- Exemplary communication and inter-personal skills.
- Experience in developing, delivering and evaluating research
- Experience in organising, delivering and reporting on industry workshops and events
- Well-developed conceptual and analytical skills
- Valid Western Australian drivers licence
The position is located in the Perth Metropolitan Area.
Other eligibility criteria
- An acceptable National Police Certificate (police clearance) is required (if not currently held, must be acquired prior to commencement at applicant's expense).
- Ability to travel in response to business needs including intra and interstate travel.
We promote workplace flexibility and diversity, seeking to include and value the contributions of all people. We strongly encourage people from regional areas, Aboriginal Australians and Torres Strait Islanders, people with disabilities and people from culturally and diverse backgrounds to apply.
Applications must be submitted electronically.
Please send your resume and application letter which must outline your suitability for this role with respect to the essential and / or desirable criteria provided above by clicking on the apply button.
Applications must be received by Wednesday 23 September 2020