Admin Support Officer
An opportunity has arisen to be part of a small team dedicated to the highest standard of care at Canberra Urology and Gynaecology Centre working for Dr Omar Gailani.
The person we seek will be an experienced medical support administrator or a person with proven potential. You will be motivated to give your very best service, and will enjoy working in a close-knit and supportive team environment. The person we seek will understand the ethos of our practice and support our Gynaecologist Specialist, RN/Midwifery team and Practice Manager to do what they do best, seamlessly.
For the right candidate, we envisage this as a permanent part-time position with a 6 month probation period and you will report to the Practice Manager. The capacity and willingness to be flexible and cover annual and personal leave is essential.
Personal attributes and skills essential to this role:
- sound judgement, combined with a calm, mature and professional attitude
- skills in fostering teamwork, and the ability to work collaboratively and independently, as required
- an understanding of and respect for privacy, confidentiality and discretion
- an ability to respond positively to change, and act with initiative and resourcefulness in challenging situations
- genuine enthusiasm and respect for all people, and the ability to build appropriate rapport with patients and colleagues alike
- proficient IT skills, Word, Excel, Outlook and including the capacity to learn new software
- strong competence in paper record management
- sound knowledge of medical terminology
- strong skills in spoken and written communication
- absolute attention to detail
Your responsibilities will include communication with patients, assisting Dr Omar Gailani in the delivery of patient care in chaperoning, preparing patients, calling patients with results, preparing medical instruments, stock control, general reception and administration duties.
We consider our admin team to be the heart of our practice. This opportunity to join us will provide the right candidate with broad and rewarding experience. We strive to ensure our team enjoys reasonable and consistent working hours, a degree of flexibility and easy parking.
Salary: $25 to $30 per hour depending on experience.
The application process for our casual position is open and ongoing. Previous applicants will be considered and need not re-apply.
by COB Friday, September 18, 2020
All applicants can expect absolute confidentiality and discretion. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. All applicants with suitable experience or demonstrable potential will receive equal and fair consideration for this position.