Target Business Services
Location: Level 10, 160 Sussex Street, Sydney NSW 2000
Our client, Education Centre of Australia (ECA), a well-established education institute in Sydney, is looking to fill a full time position for a skilled and experienced Camera Operator. Business is looking for a Camera Operator who has high level of accuracy and attention to detail and the ability to work in a highly-compliant manner.
Purpose of Position
As a key contributor to the marketing team, you will be responsible for a variety of duties including pre-production, filming and some post-production editing; working collaboratively with the Marketing, IT team to formulate creative ideas, shoot a range of productions, and deliver quality content.
You will have a solid working knowledge of a Canon EOS C200 and know how to capture clean audio and light a studio interview, to frame and compose shots. You will have an eye for the little details about a character that bring a profile piece to life.
You will be an excellent communicator and able to balance listening with strong, persuasive and clearly articulated points of view. You must possess the capacity to multi-task and take direction from others with the ability to work under pressure and to deadlines.
The position reports to Sales Director.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
In this role your main responsibilities include:
- Directing shoots (documentary, corporate, creative concepts), working with the production team and freelance crew
- Preparing and operating of camera equipment (Canon C-series, DSLRs, GoPro, etc.)
- Attending regular meetings with all stakeholders and crew
- Collaborating with ECA management to synthesize company outcomes on-time, on-budget
- Sourcing stock footage, graphics, sound effects, music
- Recording interviews, raw footage of company activities for promotions, Live classes and content creation for online delivery
- Compiling and sorting or cataloguing footage.
- Creating engaging motion graphics
- Assembling, preparing and setting up equipment prior to filming
- Offering advice on how best to shoot a scene and explaining the visual impact created by particular shots
- Adhering to strict deadlines while managing multiple projects at once
- Working collaboratively with the Production Team and provide creative input on video pitches and throughout post-production
- Delivering final video and still photo product to the required platform specifications
- Demonstrating a good awareness of Occupational Health and safety issues
- Collaborating with ECA management to synthesize company outcomes on-time, on-budget.
Relevant qualification at the level of an AQF Diploma of Cinematography or higher with at least 3 years of relevant work experience.
You will need to possess the following skills and personal attributes:
- Knowledge of professional codecs and Digital broadcast requirements.
- Proficient with various cameras incl DSLR preferably Canon 5D Mark III and IV
- Green Screen setup, lighting & filming beneficial
- sound theoretical, practical and technical knowledge of cameras
- Ability to frame and compose shots
- Ability to perform camera moves accurately
- Capacity to multi-task and take direction from others
- Advanced knowledge of Canon 5Ds and other cameras incl. Go Pro
- Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines
Please note only short listed candidates will be contacted and your application will be treated as strictly confidential.