Earn while you learn!, Multiple opportunities available, Based in Yass, Narrandera & Wagga.
Transport for NSW is the lead agency of the NSW Transport cluster. Our role is to lead the development of a safe, efficient, integrated transport system that keeps people and goods moving, connects communities and shapes the future of our cities, centres and regions.
We are responsible for strategy, planning, policy, regulation, funding allocation and other non-service delivery functions for all modes of transport in NSW including road, rail, ferry, light rail, point to point, regional air, cycling and walking.
We focus on improving the customer experience and contract public and private operators to deliver customer-focused transport services on our behalf.
We also lead the procurement of transport infrastructure and oversee delivery through project delivery offices and industry delivery partners.
2021 Business Administration Traineeship (Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander)
- Get hands on training and experience whilst obtaining a nationally recognised qualification!
- Be challenged with real work from day one
- Work directly on industry leading projects
- Multiple positions across NSW- Yass, Narrandera &Wagga
Kick start your career with NSWs leading Transport Agency! Get paid to learn in-demand skills and gain hands-on experience in Business Administration.
Why Transport for NSW
At Transport for NSW were focused on getting people to where they need to go.Were also building brand new infrastructure roads, bridges, tunnels and more to connect communities, from Newcastle on the east coast to Broken Hill in the west and everywhere in between.
Our Regional & Outer Metropolitan division is a division with big responsibilities and ambitions for making regional NSW a better place to live, work and enjoy. We take a holistic view of regional transport. We plan, build and operate our transport network and services with our customer in mind. We improve the efficiency, reliability and safety of transport within and between regional cities and centres.
At Transport for NSW, we are committed to creating a diverse, inclusive and flexible workforce which reflects the community and the customers we serve. We recognise that Aboriginal and Torres Strait Island employees enhance our workforce diversity and improve the services we deliver, particularly for Aboriginal communities.
Whats on offer
- 2 year Business Administration Traineeship
- Complete a structured training program and a Certificate IV in Business Administration through an RTO, whilst working full time with our organisation
- Meaningful work that makes a positive contribution to NSW communities and customers
- Structured training program to develop in-demand soft skills like communication, problem solving and team work
- Gain experience supporting Transport projects across regional NSW
- Opportunity to experience working in different Transport locations
- You have a great attitude and the ability to learn quickly by following instructions.
- Ability to work to time constraints and handle tasks with discretion and confidentiality.
- Completed Year 12 or hold the Higher School Certificate or equivalent.
- You have demonstrated intermediate level computer literacy
- You are able to commence full time employment in January 2021
You must identify and be accepted as an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander person to be considered for these roles.
Your salary will be based on the year you completed Year 12 HSC. Please have a look at the details below
School leaver - $433.80/wk
Plus 1 year out of school - $505.90/wk
Plus 2 years -$586.90/wk
Plus 3 years -$671.40/wk
Plus 4 years-$671.40/wk
Plus 5 years or more $671.40/wk
Where could a Transport Career take you
After successfully completing the program, past Business Admin Trainees have progressed into roles such as Works support officers, Project Support Officers and Executive Assistants. Join an organisation that wants to supports its people to grow and succeed.
We want you yes you!
At Transport for NSW, we are committed to creating a diverse, inclusive and flexible workforce which reflects the community and the customers we serve.
Our objective is to provide Aboriginal communities training and employment opportunities to develop their skills within a supportive environment.
Transport for NSW is working with Yarnn Aboriginal Employment Services to support candidates throughout the recruitment process.
What are you waiting for
Whether you're a school-leaver, re-entering the workforce or an adult simply wishing to change careers this is the perfect opportunity so don't miss out!
Applications close:11:59pm Sunday 20th September 2020