Outback Location - Enjoy a work / life balance others envy!, Make your mark in a newly created role, Great team environment.
Outback Aussie Tours is seeking an experienced General Manager, looking for a rewarding opportunity in Outback Queensland, Longreach. After 32 years of operation and recent expansion, we are ready for a dynamic General Manager to take up the reins of our business. This is your chance to apply your exceptional management skills and talents to an established, nationally recognised tourism business with a strong domestic and an emerging international market.
Our teams passion and enthusiasm for our touring region is evident across all levels of our business delivery. As a local outback operator, our strength lies in our authenticity, connections and stories. Our touring guests book secure in the knowledge that they will be travelling with an operator consistently punching above their weight in both tour operation and customer service.
Outback Aussie Tours (OAT) is a multi-award winning Savannah Guide Operator. We provide local day tours and cruises on the Thomson River. We also provide escorted, accommodated Australian outback tours and package holidays to favourite Outback Queensland destinations including Longreach, Winton, Birdsville & the Channel Country, Corner Country, Gulf Savannah and Cape York & Torres Strait. Careful research, well-established contacts and a detailed local knowledge are the backbone of our touring operations and set Outback Aussie Tours apart as a leading outback touring operator. We have a growing market for incentive, special interest groups and events.
The role of a General Manager is a key part of the management team and you will be responsible for the analysis, implementation and improvement of organisational processes and systems. Your role will provide clarity and control to all parts of the business. You will ensure the company is efficient and operates cohesively.
Your effective management of our operations and reservations department will ensure a positive and productive environment for our team; and ultimately happy customers and suppliers. A yearly activity calendar is to be improved, implemented and managed to ensure the business meets all deadlines for product development, marketing, operations, on the ground delivery and financial targets.
You will also be assisting the Directors with HR duties such as recruiting and on-boarding new team, conducting regular performance evaluations and promoting a company culture that encourages morale and performance.
The role will be a full-time contract for 12 months, with the option to extend. The successful applicant may be eligible to participate in bonus and incentive schemes.
- Manage all deadlines including operational, marketing and general business deadlines
- Manage the running of our operation and reservations department
- Improve and implement systems to achieve efficiency, consistency and clear communication at all levels of the business
- Design business strategies and plans to achieve the company goals
- Analyse available data to ensure market promises are fulfilled
- Assist in implementing the companys goals and objectives
- Ensure that the company has sufficient resources such as personnel, material, and equipment
- Ensure all company activities adhere to legal guidelines and policies
- Perform regular employee evaluations to determine areas of improvement
- Onboarding of new employees
- Help promote a company culture that encourages top performance and high morale
- Report to the owners of the business
- Bachelors in Business, Business Management or other related fields (preferred but not essential)
- 3 - 5 years' experience in a similar position
- High levels of organisation & management skills
- High attention to detail
- Outstanding leadership abilities to assist team in improving in their roles and accountability for their own roles
- Excellent oral, written and face to face communication skills
- Strong analytical thinking and business insight
- Previous data analysis experience preferred
- Strong problem solving skills
- Basic IT knowledge with the ability to understand & implement software
You must be an Australian citizen, a permanent resident or a New Zealand citizen living in Australia to apply for this job.
Benefits & Perks
- Highly competitive package - negotiable based on experience
- The successful applicant may be eligible to participate in bonus and incentive schemes
- Outback location - a great lifestyle choice for you and your family
- Fantastic team of caring colleagues
- Great schools and caring community
- Get out of the rat race commute and see what a true Work/Life balance really means!
How to Apply
Only emailed applications will be considered.