Diverse and exciting role, where no two days are the same, Permanent Opportunity, Flexible Local Business.
Tazzy Tyres & Mechanical has a great opportunity available for an experienced Store Manager to join our fast-paced team.
This job opportunity is for a Sales Manager at one of the biggest Tyre and Wheel retail/wholesalers in Tasmania. This is a great career development opportunity for someone with experience in sales and automotive, looking for a new and rewarding challenge and ready to take the next step in their automotive career with a growing business.
ABOUT TAZZY TYRES & MECHANICAL:
Established in 2016, Tazzy Tyres & Mechanical has become one of Tasmanias leading tyre retailers. We pride ourselves on providing an excellent service and Tasmania with the lowest prices. Tazzy Tyres & Mechanical provides an extensive range of quality products and at the most competitive price. Tazzy Tyres & Mechanical hold an extensive range of tyres, wheels and accessories, whilst being able to provide a full Mechanical Workshop. We also use the latest technology and equipment throughout our stores.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
Day to day duties include but are not limited to the sales of tyres, wheels and associated services, customer service & bookings and stock management. Basic HR skills are required as management of staff is an essential part of this role. You will have a strong customer focus; combined with the energy to meet the demands of our fast-paced environment. You must be reliable, enthusiastic and possess good communication skills. You will have and be able to demonstrate excellent leadership and motivational skills.
The Store Manager develops and implements operational plans for the store to further assist delivery of the business strategies and goals. They are expected to operate at all times within the framework of Tazzy Tyres & Mechanical 's guidelines, policies and procedures and applicable laws and regulatory standards. The Store Manager is required to manage and maximise the overall performance of the store to achieve goals in relation to sales, profit, people and compliance.
- Assist in the increase of sales and profitability
- Monitor sales and ensure KPIs are met periodically for the store
- Ensure the daily banking, debtor control and data entry is completed in a timely manner
- Assist in the coordination of merchandising and pricing
- Process store sales, operate and maintain all POS equipment, including computer systems, EFTPOS and all POS material
- Maintain store security by adhering to all policies and procedures to ensure that you are following opening and closing procedures
- Manage labour including assisting in the creating of rosters, and managing and processing employee leave in line with payroll requirements
- Stock Management responsibilities including ordering, monitoring and managing stock levels and managing stock returns and debtors
- Manage the administrative duties of the store
- Liaise with Admin team to assist in the resolution of any financial issues
- Manage and monitor the daily operations of the team to maintain the highest standard of workmanship in all areas of the store
- Assist in the management of the Tazzy Tyres & Mechanical Social Media accounts
- Ensure building and equipment maintenance is conducted and necessary equipment is available for use
- Responsibility for compliance with all company policies, regulatory standards, applicable legislation
- Ensure that all staff are providing a high-quality service to customers and are encouraged to develop and maintain long term relationships with our customers
- Drive a culture of excellence through demonstrating qualities that lead the team and improves performance
- Recruitment and selection of quality people to continue to strengthen the team
- Assist in the Training & Development of the team when required
SKILLS / QUALITIES:
- Have a genuine interest in the industry
- Experience in retail/sales in the tyre, automotive, mechanical or similar industries
- Demonstrated Leadership and management skills
- Experience in the preparation and execution and management of financial budgets
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong communication & interpersonal skills
- Problem solving ability
- Honesty and integrity
- Moderate IT skills and knowledge of computer systems
- Previous tyre fitting, balancing and fault diagnosis experience (preferred)
- Sound knowledge and adherence to OH&S practices
- Must be available to work during the hours outlined below
- A current Australian driver's licence
- A current National Criminal History check (upon request)
- Willing to undertake ongoing training and development
Hours of work will be Monday to Friday 8am to 5pm and rostered Saturdays 9am - 2pm.
If you meet the requirements above, and are looking for long term employment with a supportive employer who is focused on helping you achieve your career goals then join our team today!
Do not contact the stores social media pages.