Our client, is a prominent Agricultural Equipment Dealer, operating several highly successful branches located in WA, including Esperance.
Our client are dealers for iconic OEM brands including Massey Ferguson, Gleaner, Fendt, Challenger, Croplands and Capstan Ag to name a few. They also have a large range of pre-owned machinery, specializing in broad acre farming for medium to large farming operations.
Additional services our client also provides, includes quality and affordable Field Service and Workshop, mechanical services complemented by a dedicated spare parts division that has a huge range of genuine, aftermarket and reman parts for all makes and models of Ag equipment.
Traineeship Cert III in Automotive Sales
This role is a Traineeship where you will be learning the skills as a Parts Interpreter on the job training as well as through formal studies either via TAFE or a Registered Training Provider. The course to become a qualified Parts Interpreter is a Cert III in Automotive Sales which is generally a 2 year course when working in a Traineeship.
Depending on the course provider you may be conducting online studies as well as potentially 1 to 2 week blocks in attending TAFE in Perth 2 to 4 times per year.
If you dont know what a Parts Interpreter is or does, please read on.
When Agricultural Machinery breaks down or the owner desires to make modifications on the equipment, it is the responsibility of the Parts Interpreter to liaise with customers or in-house mechanics to assess and identify what spare parts are required to carry out the repair and then source and order those parts via online or hard copy machinery manuals & parts lists.
You will be receiving on the job training where it can take up to 2 years for a Parts Interpreter to become competent and carry out their responsibilities effectively which include;
- Customer service based on technical expertise
- Identifying Parts: Using online or hard copy manuals, parts lists or in-house parts software
- Sourcing parts: Via in house stores or outside suppliers
- Logistics: Arranging delivery schedules and expediting orders
- In-House Parts Software: Updating and interrogating the in-house parts software
- Quoting: Creating comprehensive quotes to customers
- Invoicing and record keeping on the in-house systems
- Stock Control: Maintaining desired quantities of the in house stocked parts as well as conduct regular stock takes ensuring quantities correspond with the in-house system
- Pick & Pack: Picking parts and distributing them to customers or to the in-house workshop
- Warehouse: Manage all facets of parts been received and dispatch, ensuring that parts coming in or going out are recorded on the in-house system correctly
- Liaising with in house departments such as operations, mechanical workshop, field service crews, sales and administration
About the Candidate
We are seeking an enthusiastic, motivated and reliable candidate that is eager to learn Parts Interpreting via on the job training and formal studies to secure a Cert III in Automotive Sales.
We are seeking candidates that possess the following traits;
- Has initiative
- Can work well in a team
- Has a strong work ethic where you are reliable and considered a hard worker
- Has the desire to secure long term work that will offer career progression
Candidates that are still in high school and are not desiring to take their studies to a year 12 level and are seeking an opportunity to pick up a qualification and trade skills are encouraged to apply.
In order to be considered for the role applicants must be locally based, living in Esperance or in the surrounding district.