Our client is a Truck Dealership and Heavy Vehicle specialist supplying new Trucks, Mechanical Services and Parts & Accessories for all makes and models of Trucks and Trailers.
They operate numerous branches in Western Australia, where their Kwinana Branch is currently seeking an experienced Parts Interpreter / Sales Rep to join their growing team.
Our clients Parts division stocks as well as sources an extensive range of Truck, Trailer and Mobile Plant, genuine OEM and After Market parts & accessories from all the major truck brands from Europe, USA and Asia.
The Parts Division provides service and sales to both;
- Internal In-House Sales: Workshop and Field Service
- External Sales: Business to Business
The Parts Department is not your standard Dealership parts department, as they do not have a front counter for the general public to purchase parts, where all the sales are made up of in-house and existing clients orders made via email or phone.
Reporting to the Parts Manager, the Parts Interpreter / Sales Rep is made up of 2 main responsibilities which include;
- Sales Rep
- Parts Interpreting
The Sales Rep component of the role is focussed on after market truck and trailer parts as well as OEM Guinuine Parts where it will be standard account management with new business sales and marketing. You will be one of the key client representatives where you will be liaising with clients regarding orders through to conducting marketing and sales which may include cold calling via phone, email or site visits.
The Parts Interpreting covers internal sales for the workshop and field service crews as well as business to business parts sales. You will be sourcing parts across stocked items through to sourcing parts from 3rd party suppliers providing clients with quotes, delivery schedules and parts options.
The key responsibilities of the Parts Interpreter / Sales rep include;
- Parts Interpreting: Using manuals, in-house parts systems and external parts inventories
- Customer Service: External Sales & Internal Sales - based on technical expertise
- Sales Rep: Conducting marketing & sales via phone, email and site visits
- Sourcing: Via established suppliers / wholesalers or researching for potential new suppliers
- Logistics: Arranging deliveries, schedules and expediting orders
- Parts CRM: Updating in house parts system for sourcing, quotations, orders, invoicing and stock control
- Quoting: Creating quotations for parts sales & deliveries
- Invoicing: Creating invoices for all internal and external sales
- Stock Control: Maintaining in house parts supplies, ensuring desired stock levels are maintained and checked regularly
- Technical: Liaising with external customers and in-house departments such as mechanical in providing technical advice on parts and accessories
Or client has an emphasis on customer service where you will provide a professional service that is based on technical expertise. Using your initiative is a requirement, where if our client does not stock a particular part, you will use your experience and skills to source the parts in order to do everything possible to make a sale.
You will also be a proactive individual, where you possess the ability to provide solution based services to clients or in-house departments, where you may include options in a quote for genuine or aftermarket parts through to promoting the in-house mechanical services for potential work opportunities.
Working Hours & Days
The working hours and days of this role include;
- Monday to Friday: 7:00 AM to 5:00 PM (1/2 Hour Lunch)
- Every 3rd Saturday: 7:00 AM to 12:00 PM
We are looking for a candidate that has at least 3 years experience in Parts Interpreting.
Ideally you will have experience in Parts Management for Truck & Trailer parts or similar, possessing highly technical skills and a very good working knowledge of major Truck & Trailer brands, makes & models. In addition, your mechanical knowledge and aptitude will be excellent, having a good understanding of general mechanical theory and components such as diesel engines, suspension, braking systems, electrical and transmissions to name a few.
Having experience as a Sales Representative where you have experience in conducting marketing and sales activities, where you identify potential clients, contact the clients and try and secure them as new clients is high on our list.
Administration is also a big component of the role and possessing excellent organisational skills with the ability to multi tasks several jobs at one time ensuring that attention to detail and compliance in systems and procedures are adhered to.
Apart from the above we are looking for a candidate that has the following.
- Be proficient in computer operation and familiar with working with parts software or CRMs
- Have a current drivers licence
- Be physically fit in order to assist in stores department
This is a permanent role and depending on your experience the salary range will be between,
- 70K to 80K - Base Salary
- + Monthly Bonus
- + Super
- + Leave Entitlements