22.8 hours per week (days negotiable), Supportive team culture.
Moreton Bay College was established in 1901 as a school for girls from P-12 and now supports an enrolment in excess of 1100 students. With a focus on academic excellence, underpinned by a rich and caring pastoral program, MBC is the educational foundation for building perseverance, discovering courage and exploring creativity. With over 40 co-curricular activities to choose from, MBC stretches beyond the classroom and offers girls the chance to explore their identities, while harnessing success. With 115 years of history, the College is well established with extensive libraries, sports, state-of-the-art music and performance centre, an Olympic sized swimming pool and a chapel. In 2014, the College completed a state-of-the-art Science Centre, featuring eight laboratories, a growth room and four experimental investigation rooms.
An historic turning point in the College’s evolution occurred on July 1, 2011 when Moreton Bay Boys’ College (MBBC) and Moreton Bay College (MBC) came together on the premise that they are stronger together. Governed by a single Board and led by a single Executive Principal, each school retains its single gender focus and its own personality and attributes. Both schools have significant strengths to benefit the other and together have a unique market-leading proposition in private school education.
The Project Officer – Operations will be responsible for assisting in the implementation of the Complispace platform and other projects. The Project Officer reports directly to the Chief Operating Officer and ultimately the Executive Principal.
The successful candidate must possess a high level of administration and organisational skills, paired with advanced computer literacy skills.
All staff need to be supportive of the values, Christian ethos and Ethical Statement of this Uniting Church Day school for girls from P-12.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The duties of this Project Officer – Operations include:
- Assist in the implementation of the Complispace platform and other adhoc system requirements. This project work will include:
- Developing and understanding of the capabilities and functionalities of the platform
- System configuration for the colleges
- collation and review of college policies
- development of associated workflows
- identification of key tasks to be incorporated into the systems
- Carry out liaison between college staff and relevant stakeholders in relation to the planning, actions and achieving outcomes.
- Develop tracking program to ensure timely development of this project
- Advanced application of computer software packages.
- Liaising specifically with the Chief Operating Officer and the Risk and Compliance Officer to complete all tasks.
- Contributing to the team relationship
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required:
- Knowledge and experience in the use of Microsoft Office Suite, databases & other technology platforms
- Ability to work as a member of a team
- Ability to work without direct supervision
- Ability to communicate effectively with all staff
- Efficient and effective time management and organisational skills
- A cheerful disposition
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- Positive Notice Blue Card is essential prior to commencing.
CONDITIONS AND SALARY
- Hours of duty: 22.8 hours per week (days and hours to be negotiated with supervisor)
- Salary and conditions are in keeping with the Moreton Bay College Enterprise Agreement
- Annual Leave – Pro rata 4 weeks, to be taken during school vacation time.
- Personal/Carers Leave – Pro rata 10 days annually
- Long Service Leave entitlement of 1.3 weeks for each year of service, which can be taken after 7 years.
- The College contributes an additional amount of 12% of salary to superannuation on behalf of the employee.
Suitable applicants should apply by submitting an application that clearly provides detail
About each of the following:
- a current CV that clearly details experience, particularly in relation to the above skills and abilities;
- any additional information you may wish to submit; and
- the names and contact details of two professional referees.
APPLICATION MUST BE SUBMITTED AS ONE DOCUMENT
All applicants must declare
- any pre-existing injuries or medical conditions that would prevent you from performing this job
- any convictions of any criminal offences
- that all information supplied is accurate and complete
Applications close 12pm Thursday, 17 September 2020
Please note: only those applicants shortlisted will be contacted after the closing date.
EMPLOYMENT COLLECTION NOTICE FOR MORETON BAY COLLEGE
In applying for this position you will be providing Moreton Bay College with personal information.
If you provide us with personal information, for example, your name and address or information contained on your resume, we will collect the information in order to assess your application for employment. We may keep this information on file if your application is unsuccessful in case another position becomes available.
We will not disclose this information to a third party without your consent. We are required to conduct a criminal record check to collect information regarding whether you are or have been the subject of an Apprehended Violence Order and certain criminal offences under Child Protection laws. *We may also collect personal information about you in accordance with these laws.*
The College may store personal information in the ‘cloud’, which may mean that it resides on servers which are situated outside Australia.
If you provide us with personal information of others, we encourage you to inform them that you are disclosing that information to the College and why, that they can access that information if they wish and that the College does not usually disclose the information to third parties.*