Opportunity to work remotely for the right candidate, Flexible working hours by agreement, Passionate and exciting working environment with likeminded humans.
Are you a passionate Project Manager that loves trails, mountain biking or BMX
Are you an excellent communicator with a passion for delivering projects on time, on budget and to agreed deliverables
Do you have a background in the management of MTB Trail, Pump Track and Skills Park construction projects
Do you want to be part of an exciting fast-paced working environment and growing industry
You might just be the perfect fit for Common Ground.
Your qualifications must include:
- Tertiary qualifications in Project Management or relevant field
- Minimum 5 years experience within a civil construction environment or a similar role
- Proven and successful experience in leading complex projects with a large number of stakeholders in challenging environments.
- Strong understanding and/or passion for mountain biking, trail infrastructure construction and associated industry practices highly desirable.
Your technical skills will include:
- Well-rounded experience in design, tendering, project planning, scheduling, estimating and contracts management
- Demonstrated commercial acumen, ability to manage budgets and identify new opportunities in the changing landscape
- Sound understanding and ability to manage and implement Occupational Health and Safety requirements associated with civil construction
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office packages and other project management software
- Ability to work under pressure in a dynamic work environment with shifting priorities.
You will have the following key attributes:
- Excellent supervisory and leadership skills
- High level of personal drive and resilience
- Strong written and oral communications
- Sound organisational and time management skills
- Personable, flexible, and adaptable
What we offer:
- An amazing opportunity to manage the construction of walk and mountain bike trails, pump tracks, skills parks and play spaces across Australia
- Flexible working hours by agreement
- Opportunity to work remotely for the right candidate
- Outstanding mentorship from recognised industry leaders
- Passionate and exciting working environment with likeminded humans
Who we are:
Common Ground is a trail and cycling facility consultancy specialising in all facets of developing and establishing mountain bike facilities in an aim to connect people with trails, spaces, landscapes and most importantly each other. We work on mountain bike and walking trails, pump tracks, jump & BMX tracks, learn to ride tracks and play spaces.
The company, under the stewardship of Director Dave Willcox, evolved from a shared love of mountain biking and trails, and the unique ability for them to unite individuals and communities. Our team is a mix of landscape architects, urban designers, architects, and planners, who collaborate as a team in a relaxed, creative studio environment. We are also experienced, and passionate mountain bikers, trail users and BMXers and we aim to infuse this enthusiasm into every project we undertake, from small scale volunteer projects, through to major hub development or region wide master planning.
Above all, we believe that all cycling and play facilities should be fun and we will always push boundaries to ensure this is the case.
If you are looking to be part of something awesome, love to ride and have the capacity, skillset, and passion we are looking for, we look forward to receiving your resume and a covering letter outlining clearly why you feel you are the most suitable candidate for this role. Please specifically address the key criteria above and quote reference number PD001-PM in your cover letter.
Closing date for applications 5pm (WAST) 2nd October 2020.