Make your mark in this newly created role, Keen to use your exceptional stakeholder skills, Feel you have a Philanthropic approach to your work.
At Minda, people are at the heart of everything we do, and since 1898 we’ve been providing industry-leading support to South Australians living with disability. We’re champions for choice and believe diversity is key to our success. We are equally passionate about ensuring that people with disability live the lives of their choice.
We are a value based organisation: we work with heart, to create opportunity, operating with respect, to build a community, inspired by empathy. These values run through the core of each decision for each person we support.
The Bequest & Major Giving Officer is a pivotal role within Minda’s Strategic Marketing & Fundraising department and will be responsible for identifying and cultivating prospects to build a sustainable portfolio of confirmed bequests and major givers.
The Bequest & Major Giving Officer will maintain relationships with existing and prospective supporters, executors and trustees and other key stakeholders to drive fundraising outcomes and sustainable income streams. The role will also include acquiring philanthropic support from Grants, Trusts, Foundations & Private Ancillary Funds.
The ideal candidate will have a strong knowledge (or desire to learn) of philanthropy, fundraising and bequest giving in Australia, and an understanding of the motivations as to why a donor would support a particular cause.
Key responsibilities of the role include, but are not limited to:
- Implement and maintain Minda’s major giving and bequest programs, ensuring regular and personal communication with supporters.
- Identify and build strong, effective and sustainable relationships with major donor and bequest prospects.
- Respond to donor inquiries and build relationships with potential bequestors, their families and trustees.
- Preparing and driving compelling, targeted grant and tender submissions
- Partnering with the service delivery streams to develop funding proposals for major projects and initiatives
- Work cross-functionally to ensure that Bequest Fundraising is promoted effectively through, marketing, communication, cultivation events and third-party referrals.
- Plan and host stakeholder engagement events, in conjunction with other members of the Strategic Marketing and Fundraising team.
- Liaise with solicitors, trustees and internal stakeholders to ensure timely receipt and acknowledgment of realised bequests.
Essential requirements of the role:
- A tertiary qualification in a related discipline (fundraising, marketing, business development, community engagement, communications).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- DHS Disability Employment Screening clearance (or willing to obtain)
- South Australian Driver’s Licence
- Competency using CRM software, connected technologies such as smartphones and tablets, and associated software;
- Ability to manage competing priorities with a sense of urgency;
We are looking for someone who will be proud to work for us and share our values. If that sounds like you and you meet the criteria set out above we would like to hear from you.
Successful candidates will receive:-
- Generous salary packaging benefits
- An opportunity to significantly impact the lives of the people we support
- The chance to make a real difference
- A supportive and collaborative team
- Work home life balance
- On-site Gym and café facilities
To apply select the ‘apply’ button below and you will be redirected to our website where you will can view a detailed position description, and can commence your application.