Progressive, dynamic and well-established civil construction company, Diverse range of projects and responsibilities, Autonomous position working with a great team of established civil engineers.
An exciting Civil Project Engineer position is open for a highly motivated and enthusiastic self-starter to be a part of a great team of civil engineers. This is a great opportunity to further your career progression and skills in a diverse company delivering a high volume of projects.
Gambier Earth Movers Pty Ltd (GEM) is a progressive, dynamic and well-established civil construction company based in Mount Gambier, South Australia. GEM services the south east of South Australia and south west of Victoria, specialising in civil project management, bulk and detailed earthworks, civil construction, asphalt manufacturing & installation, bitumen spraying, road construction, and quarrying.
Your new company
GEM has an enviable background in the regions civil construction and quarrying history and presents with a truly diverse portfolio of operations. GEM is now seeking a Civil Project Engineer to join our diverse and inclusive team in Mount Gambier on a full-time basis.
Your new role
Reporting directly to the Engineering Manager and working with a team delivering a high volume of projects up to $5million, your role will see you lead all front end works including planning, scheduling, project management, tendering, procurement, engaging design engineers and adding value to the construction process through co-ordination and pro-active management of the engineering requirements. Your enthusiasm and skills will see you present as an applicant that is highly motivated, results orientated, tertiary qualified and be able to demonstrate a high level of competency in civil and project engineering, customer liaison, working to deadlines whist maintaining WHS and environmental compliance.
What you'll need to succeed
As the successful candidate youll have the following:
- Previous experience managing civil infrastructure projects with strong earthworks and road construction experience
- Managing projects from design through to delivery
- The ability to lead and manage people, building long term relationships to meet business needs
- Experience preparing/managing the development of technical scopes of work for engineering construction
- Experience in preparing estimates and tenders for civil projects
- A solid understanding of procurement processes
- A consultative approach to project delivery
- Tertiary qualifications in Civil Engineering
- A current C Class drivers licence
- Be team orientated
What you'll get in return
If successful in this role youll be working for an industry leading organisation which values it's employees and offers flexibility, providing upskilling opportunities and an attractive salary package including a fully serviced company work vehicle, phone and laptop.