Davidsons is a leading accounting and business advisory firm with offices in Geelong (Head Office) and Torquay.
At Davidsons our accountants build long term partnerships contributing to the Creation, Protection and Transition of our clients financial well-being. We have been delivering specialist advise and knowledge to our business and private clients for over 100 years.
Our core business is the provision of the following services:
- Taxation Services
- Business Advisory
- Self-Managed Superannuation Funds
- Audit and Assurance Services
- Business Succession and Transition
- Bookkeeping and Cloud Accounting
We take pride in our values as they guide how we operate and include forming trusted relationships, having a client first approach to doing business, being forward thinking, operating with discipline and persistence and supporting family and community.
Davidsons believes in a fun, friendly, hard-working and open-door-culture where teamwork, passion and honesty flourish, creating an enjoyable and motivating environment.
A team of 50 dedicated professionals are located in Geelong & Torquay. Davidsons attracts, employs and develops people with exceptional skills that share their values and want to make a difference. Throughout the business, we encourage people to stretch their capabilities and use their functional expertise to help them develop and contribute to our long-term future.
Davidsons is committed to providing a pathway for local talent to achieve an amazing career in a manner consistent with our family and community values.
The Graduate Program provides a unique opportunity to fast track your career as an accountant and trusted advisor rarely provided in other Accounting Firms.
During the 12 months of the program you will rotate across all service areas of the firm and have the opportunity to work closely with all Directors and Managers across both Geelong and Torquay offices. The rotation will include
- Tax & Business Services
- Self-Managed Superannuation
- Audit & Assurance
- Cloud Accounting Software Consulting
- ASIC and legislative compliance
- Internal Management Accounting
The exposure to the above areas will provide invaluable skills and experiences that will form the foundations of a promising career at Davidsons.
It is expected at the conclusion of the 12 months that a permanent team allocation will occur based on the individuals career aspirations and the needs of Davidsons.
The ideal candidate will be Bachelor degree qualified with an accounting major. You will have a mature attitude towards your work and a proven strong work ethic.
Knowledge/Skills inclusive of but not limited to:
- Bachelor degree qualified with an accounting major with a demonstrated record of high academic achievement;
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills and ability to form trusted relationships with team and clients;
- Multi-disciplinary skill sets, technology capabilities, a passion for learning and ability to take on new challenges and adapt;
- A proactive and enthusiastic approach to participation in networking and community events;
- A proven positive, go-getter attitude with a high work ethic and a love of working in a team and having fun along the way.
To be considered for this position a statement addressing the key selection criteria as outlined below must be provided. Applications without the appropriate cover letter/statement addressing the key selection criteria will not be considered.
Key Selection Criteria:
- You must be able to articulate a strong connection to the Geelong region
- A demonstrated record of high academic achievement
- An alignment to Davidsons values
- You must have an Australian Drivers Licence and be eligible to work in Australia
by Tuesday 29th September 2020.