Advance Metal Industries Australia
Delivering your Project with Care
Be part of a thriving Team, set goals and achieve results through creating excellent quality products for our Clients.
Advance Metal Industries Australia is a family owned Coffs Harbour company established 1984 and currently we employee 60+ on our Team.
A high quality of service and delivery to our clients is paramount.
AMIA is changing culture, people and nutritious attitudes lead the way in our growth.
Skills can be taught, though attitude is a choice. Attitudes reflect in the quality of the work we deliver and determine the experience our Team and Clients enjoy.
We are seeking applicants with outstanding positive attitude, work ethic and reliability to join our AMIA team.
Required for an IMMEDIATE start:
Casual Trades Assistant positions and Apprentice positions Windows and Doors
The main function of this position will be the assembling and manufacturing of glass windows and doors for our National clients.
Reporting to the Manager Windows, your duties will include:
- Setting up and use of hand tools
- Setting up of cutting lists, materials
- Time recording of jobs completed
- Housekeeping - cleaning down etc
- Processing of extrusions
- Meeting daily quotas
- Essential production procedures
- Quality Assurance ensuring clients projects leave the factory in the highest quality finish, every time
Applicants must demonstrate the following responsibilities:
- Fabrication experience is an advantage
- Ability to read and interpret project and cutting lists
- Proficient in the use of hand tools within manufacturing environment
- Good mechanical hand tool experience
- Willingness to learn and grow within an thriving culture
- Ability to work in a team environment and autonomously
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to maintain working relationships
- Honest, hardworking, prompt and reliable
- Attention to detail
- 100% commitment to safety
- Drug and alcohol free
- Keen eye for errors and problem solving
- Able to work without supervision
- White card
- Licence with reliable vehicle
- Basic computer skills
- Positive energy with a professional and motivated work ethic
- High attention to detail, keen eye for error, and problem solving
- Adaptable and flexible approach to work
- Capacity to meet strict deadlines in a fast paced environment
- Effective communication and listening skills
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritise tasks
- Providing the highest level of customer service
- Initiative to find production and customer focused solutions
- Actively engaging in a culture of business improvement and excellence
- Flexibility with working hours
- Teamwork with adaptability to change and new situations
If you fit the above criteria, are able to pass a medical with drug and alcohol testing, then apply today.
AMIA is an Equal opportunity employer
Your Cover Letter will address the responsibilities listed above.
Applications close 5th October, 2020