Join one of Australias leading health, community and aged care providers, Supportive team environment, Excellent salary packaging benefits available.Calvary
Permanent Full Time
Clinical Effectiveness Improvement Officer
Registered Nurse Level 2
Calvary Public Hospital Bruce
Permanent Full time
RN2 Salary Range: $95,684 - $101,412 plus superannuation & excellent salary packaging options
Calvary Public Hospital Bruce (CPHB) is a 265 bed multi-discipline, modern healthcare facility serving the ACT community. At CPHB, our patients and their families expect a highly skilled, compassionate and dedicated workforce. Calvary staff pride themselves on ‘being for others’. The patient journey is at the centre of Calvary’s philosophy within our models of care
About the role
The primary duties of the Clinical Effectiveness Improvement Officer are to:
· Support key activities within the Clinical Governance and Quality Unit aimed at improving the clinical effectiveness of services delivered within Calvary Public Hospital Bruce. This includes (but is not limited to):
· Clinical Incident and Consumer feedback, including providing secretariat for the Clinical Review Committee
· Clinical Performance and Risk Management
· Standards and Quality Improvement
· Work collaboratively within a multidisciplinary team to support practice improvements
· Demonstrate excellence in verbal and written communication skills including the ability to liaise, negotiate, influence and problem solve with a range of internal and external stakeholders and write minutes/reports/communications of a high order appropriate for the intended audience
· Demonstrate high levels of emotional intelligence necessary to effectively deal with consumer complaints and feedback
· Demonstrate the ability to work autonomously yet cohesively in a small team and display the Calvary values of healing, respect, stewardship and hospitality
· Undertake any additional activities as delegated by the Clinical Governance and Quality Manager or Director, Clinical Governance
· Actively pursue own continuing education and professional development
Please refer to the Position Description for more information.
What you bring
The successful candidate will bring the following to this position:
- Demonstrated competence in clinical practice, incorporating a risk assessment approach; with a minimum of three years recent experience in a relevant clinical unit or area within an acute health care setting.
- Demonstrated proficiency in clinical assessment skills, critical thinking including sound judgment and problem solving abilities, with a proven ability to work in collaboration with multidisciplinary teams.
- High level communication skills, including effective written and verbal complaint management, minute taking and report writing capability and the ability to liaise effectively with a diverse range of external and internal stakeholders.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision, set priorities, monitor and manage workflows to meet deadlines in a busy health environment
- Demonstrated ability to work cohesively in a small team and display the Calvary values of healing, hospitality, stewardship and respect.
How to apply
All applications must be submitted online through Calvary Careers and will be kept in confidence.
Applicants are expected to respond in writing and include the following:
· Cover letter of not more than 2 pages outlining why you believe you are suitable for this senior role within the organisation
· Current CV with contact details for at least 2 professional referees
Applications close: 11:45pm Sunday 27th September 2019
Please note: attached to the job advertisement on the Calvary Careers portal are important documents relating to the role. Please ensure you view these documents before beginning your application. It is suggested that you download a copy of these for your reference.
Candidates must hold Australian or NZ Citizenship or the capacity to permanently work in Australia. Employment of a temporary visa holder may only occur if no suitable permanent resident or citizen of Australia has been identified for this position following suitable labour market testing.
As part of the application process, you may be required to participate in a health evaluation, which could include face to face assessment and drug and alcohol testing, to ensure your suitability for the role.
Please note we are unable to accept emailed applications or resumes and phone calls from recruitment agencies.
Applications Close: 27/09/2020