Negotiate, plan and coordinate vegetable intake from our growers, Communicate, coordinate and plan Plant capacity to meet demand, Based at Devonport, North West Tasmania.
Simplot Australia Pty Limited (Simplot Australia) is a wholly owned subsidiary of the J.R. Simplot Company, a family-owned, multi-national food and agriculture business. Simplot Australia is trusted as one of the leading providers of quality, sustainable food for the ever-changing needs of consumers and customers in Australia, New Zealand and select Asia Pacific markets. We have built long term partnerships with Australian farmers and our unique and diverse product portfolio includes vegetable, meals and seafood manufacturing operations that supply chilled, frozen and shelf stable products to Australia's major supermarkets, hotels, restaurants and quick service restaurant customers. Our portfolio includes some of Australias most trusted and well-known brands including Birds Eye, Edgell, Leggos, John West, Chiko, I&J, Chicken Tonight, Five Brothers and Five Tastes.
- Negotiate, plan and coordinate vegetable intake from our growers
- Communicate, coordinate and plan Plant capacity to meet demand
- Based at Devonport, NW Tasmania
We have an exciting opportunity for a motivated and agile Intake Coordinator/Planner to join our Devonport production team in Tasmania. This is a unique role that is positioned between our Agricultural Services business and the Devonport factory.
What you will do
This role plans and schedules the intake of vegetables for production to ensure the factory objectives are met (or exceeded). This role is also accountable for planning and scheduling the use of labour, materials and raw product (vegetables).
- Through your detailed knowledge of crop profiles, material variations, weather and what comes out of the field, you will coordinate raw material fit for Production.
- Key to your Factory based role will be your effective coordination and negotiation ability with Agricultural Services, Field Officers and Agricultural Managers.
- Ensure product coming in will 'fit' with production.
- Coordinate and schedule (instruct, liaise, coordinate) the intake plan with production staff.
- Schedule production for different raw product (vegetables)
- Maintain appropriate inventory levels for production materials and supplies.
- Coordinate scheduled downtime to provide opportunity for efficient repair and maintenance of production equipment.
- Coordinates the rework of bulk product to maintain minimum inventory levels.
- Liaise closely with process operating team to drive efficiency and improvement in production processes (Area Managers and Team Leaders).
What you will bring
- Solid understanding of production systems and equipment ideally within a food manufacturing environment
- Solid negotiator and problem solver
- Highly developed communication skills
- Ability to engage and build effective relationships across multiple stakeholders
- Good understanding of MRP planning systems
- Experienced within vegetable production planning
- Working experience dealing with the Agricultural industry
- Work for a successful Australian food manufacturer
- Short Term Incentive Benefits for Employees
- Income Protection Insurance (permanent salaried employees)
- Parental Leave policy for Primary Careers
- Awards recognising long serving and high achieving employees
This is an excellent opportunity for someone looking to develop your career in food production within a dynamic and supportive team.
If this sounds like you, please Apply online today.
Applications close Thursday, 24 September 2020
We recommend a better application experience if you apply via a desktop / laptop than your mobile phone
Simplot Australia is trusted as one of the leading providers of quality, sustainable food for the ever-changing needs of consumers and customers in Australia, New Zealand and chosen Asia Pacific markets. Simplot Australia is family owned by the J.R. Simplot Company, a true farm-to-table company with operations that touch every aspect of agriculture, including seed production, farming and ranching, plant sciences, fertilizer manufacturing, food processing, commercial product development, and distribution. Simplot Australia is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.