Join a leading energy organisation, Attractive salary + 15% super and fortnightly RDO, Bring your creativity, innovation and drive to a high performing team.
- Join a leading energy organisation
- Attractive salary + 15% super and fortnightly RDO
- Bring your creativity, innovation and drive to a high performing team
It is an exciting time to work at Ausgrid and be part of an Organisation which is transforming in an industry which is evolving. Ausgrid presents so many opportunities with the edge of technology revolution in the energy industry along with the growth of emerging energy solutions.
Ausgrid is an energy services business that operates the largest electricity network in Australia. We deliver a safe and reliable electricity supply to more than 1.7 million homes and businesses and connect communities across more than 22,000 square kilometres. Our operations include infrastructure construction and maintenance, customer connections, street lighting and metering and testing services.
Ausgrid's vision is to be a leading energy solutions provider, recognised both locally and globally. To achieve this vision, all Ausgrid employees commit to living our Values in all they do, so that we:
- Work Safe, Live Safe to protect self, other people and the environment
- Take responsibility to be Honest and Accountable
- Treat everyone with Respect
Your role at Ausgrid:
We are currently recruiting a DER Analyst to support Ausgrid’s planning, forecasting and delivery of innovation projects by providing expert technical knowledge, analytical capability and project management skills.
The Distributed Energy Resource Analyst will be part of a small team responsible for planning, development and delivery of demand management services solutions, DER and demand forecasting and design and delivery of projects to develop new and innovative flexibility services solutions to better manage the grid.
The role will provide key support to the team in helping drive innovation and learning at Ausgrid as we transition to a low carbon future grid
What we are looking for
We need someone who can hit the ground running! The ideal candidate will hold degree level qualifications in Engineering (or related technical discipline) coupled with a strong understanding of demand management and the technical and commercial aspects of customer energy use, emerging technologies and distributed energy resources. To be successful in this role you will have proven analytical skills, project management skills and a high level of adaptability to change.
- Proven analytical skills with the ability to identify and critically analyse technical and financial aspects of energy use and technology performance
- Strong understanding of the technical and commercial aspects of customer energy use, emerging technologies, distributed energy resources and related fields
- Good technical knowledge of demand management, electricity networks, electricity network planning and related fields
- Highly evident oral communication skills with ability to explain complex and technical concepts tailored to the intended audience
- Superior written communication skills with proven experience with reports, memo’s, board papers, and presentations
- Adaptable to change with proven ability to learn quickly and develop new knowledge and skills
- High degree of autonomy, self-direction, creativity and innovation
- Awareness of the legislative and regulatory framework within which Ausgrid operates, and the ability to interpret and apply regulatory requirements and changes to Ausgrid’s business processes and documentation
For more detailed job requirements and role accountabilities please review the attached role statement below
Our people are the most important part of our business. We offer professional and technical positions, from entry level to senior leadership roles, across a broad range of disciplines.
We offer excellent employee benefits, including a nine day fortnight (RDO every second week), 15% superannuation, pay for performance culture, 16 weeks paid parental leave, strong focus on mental health and much more.
Ausgrid is an Equal Opportunity Employer. As an equal opportunity employer, our people are made up of a diverse mix of ages, backgrounds, skills and professions. This diverse mix of talent and perspectives is recognised, valued and encouraged through various programs and initiatives.
Please apply addressing the selection criteria and attach your Resume and cover letter (cover letter max 2 pages). Successful candidates will be notified regarding an interview
Applications close: 8 December 2019, 11.55pm AEST.
Agency applications will not be considered.