This is a chance to join an organisation that is truly unique. You will work closely with the key members of our organisation and experience first-hand the amazing work we do.
Through our inclusive sailing programs, Sailors with disABILITIES (SWD) vision is to have an Australia which embraces disabled or disadvantaged people, so they feel optimistic about their lives and recognised by society as equals.
We're making waves; not just in the water, but also in the lives of the young people we work with. Our programs provide inclusive and unique sailing experiences with skilled volunteers and staff that challenge and support disabled or disadvantaged people to explore their potential and to facilitate an optimistic and positive mindset.
Our sailing programs operate permanently in Sydney and Melbourne with additional outreach programs to Hobart, Newcastle, Southport and North Queensland. SWD is proud to have taken part in the Sydney to Hobart Yacht Race 23 times in our 25-year history.
Reporting directly to the General Manager, this is a key hands-on role providing high level administrative and operational project support.
As the first point of contact for the organisation you will be an energetic problem solver, have highly developed communication skills, a high degree of integrity and relish the opportunity to work in a fast-paced, people focused environment. You will be responsible for the coordinating the programs, gathering feedback, seeking new school participation. Focus on volunteer participation across all aspects of the organisation.
Data management advanced computer skills across the Microsoft Office Suite are a must, teamed with a commitment to improving systems and providing superior customer service.
Easy public transport access.
Successful candidates must have or get NSW Working with Children check (WWC)
- Proven experience as an Office manager;
- Proficiency in MS Office (MS Excel and MS Outlook, in particular);
- Ability to work as part of a small team;
- Database management experience;
- Hands on experience with office machines (e.g. fax machines and printers);
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work;
- Attention to detail and problem solving skills;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Strong organizational and project management skills;
A creative mind with an ability to suggest improvements
- Experience working in the non-profit sector;
- Interest in sailing;
- Experience of working with people with disabilities;
- Knowledge of Health & Safety law;
- Trained first aider.
Please apply outlining your skills and experience for a detailed position description please