World-class Agribusiness, Leadership Opportunity, Enjoy an Outback Lifestyle.
About Hancock Agriculture
A world-class agribusiness, Hancock Agriculture, incorporating S. Kidman & Co Pty Ltd and Hancock Prospecting Pty Ltd Services, has an exciting opportunity for an experienced, highly motivated and energetic Head Stockperson to join our operations and lead the stock camp team at Nerrima Station. The position is available for commencement late February/early March 2020.
Hancock Agriculture has a long and proud history in Agriculture. With over 30 properties across Australia, spanning 10 million hectares, we are one of the countrys largest producers of beef with a herd of over 320,000.
About the Property
Nerrima Station is located in the picturesque West Kimberley Region of Western Australia. The property covers 202,990ha and runs on average 14,000 head of Brangus cross cattle, which are mustered in two rounds during the dry season from April to October each year.
The station offers a friendly, inclusive and supportive work environment, where all Team Members are valued and play an integral part in the successful and smooth running of the station.
About the Role
Reporting to the Station Manager, the Head Stockperson will assist with planning, implementing and evaluating the livestock program and related station operations.
Key duties and responsibilities include:
- Supervising and undertaking effective and timely herd management, including mustering programs
- Accurate recording of stock numbers for the livestock information system
- Providing leadership, supervision and training of stock camp team members
- Maintaining and developing facilities and improvements
- Monitoring and responding to land and environmental issues; and
- Assisting with purchasing.
Successful applicants will meet the following criteria:
- Competent in the use of horses and motorbikes
- Experienced in handling cattle in a quiet and controlled manner
- Proven livestock assessment and husbandry experience
- Good time management and verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated leadership and supervisory skills
- Proven ability to keep accurate records
- A good grasp of technology and computer literacy
- Able to promote and maintain safe work practices and the highest animal welfare standards
- Hold a current Driver's licence (HR to MC licence desirable)
- Hold a Motorbike licence (preferred)
- Have a current Senior First Aid
What we Offer You
- Remuneration commensurate with experience
- Air-conditioned, single room accommodation
- Quality home-cooked meals
- Training and career development
- Great team culture
This position offers an excellent opportunity for an experienced Stockperson to advance their career in a progressive and forward thinking organisation.
Please note: You must have the right to live and work in Australia to apply for this position.